Why Didn’t I Bring More Money | Teen Ink

Why Didn’t I Bring More Money

By Yangky234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Yangky234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

''be where you are otherwise you will miss your life''

When I was at home sitting down on the sofa, I said ‘’I should go and buy a soda to drink since I want one’’. Then I went to my closet and grabbed my wallet, also I took the money out of my wallet. ‘’Where are you going Kou?’’ my mom asked, ‘’I am going to the Chun Market store to buy me a soda to drink’’. I replied, then I walked to the door and opened, I closed the door once I got outside.

‘’This is going to be great’’. I said

I thought ‘’wait did I bring enough money to buy a soda?’’ Then I started walking to the store. While I was walking I looked at the streets, trees, and grass. ‘’Everything looks so beautiful around here’’. I said.

When walking to the store, it was hot and I started to sweat. ‘’Oh my gosh, it is so hot’’. I said, and I was still walking to the store. When I got to the store I went inside and I went to the water section. Then I saw the sodas and I picked one up. After that I went to the cashier lady and put the soda on the table.

‘’One dollar’’. Said the lady

When I grab the money from my pocket and I look at it ’’Oh my gosh’’. All I see is 69 cents in my hand and I forgot to bring more money. ‘’I’ll put this soda back’’ I said, ‘’ok’’replied the lady. Then I went back home, and I thought ‘’Did I check my money to make sure that I have enough money to buy a soda?’’ When I got home I knocked on the door and my mom opened it, then I went inside.

‘’Where is your soda?’’ mom ask

‘’Oh I did not buy a soda’’ I replied

‘’Why not?’’mom ask

‘’Because I did not bring enough money’’ I said

I went to my room and picked up my phone, then I started playing Mobile Legends which is my favorite game. ‘’Nevermind about that soda’’ I said. My mom came to my room ‘’You didn’t bring enough money’’ mom asked, ‘’Yeah’’ I replied. 

‘’Did you even check to make sure you have enough money?’’ mom asked

‘’Nope’’ I replied

‘’Why didn’t you check?’’ asked mom

‘’Cause I was in a rush’’ I said

Then I started playing my game for a while and then I went to the living room. ‘’Next time check and make sure that you have enough money to buy your stuff’’ said mom. ‘’Ok’’ I said. 

I thought ‘’ Why didn’t I check my money at first?’’

‘’Next time I should check my money before I go to the store’’ I said

After that when I go to the store I always check my money to make sure that I have enough money to buy what I want. When I go to the store I can buy the stuff that I want because I made sure I have enough money.

This draft is based on my true story and this is my rough draft of my mistake.