Busch Gardens Vacation | Teen Ink

Busch Gardens Vacation

November 3, 2021
By Anonymous

My mom and dad decided that they wanted to go on vacation, and when they told me that we were going to go to Busch Gardens over April break; I was so excited! I remember when I was three we went on vacation to Florida for my birthday, and I had not been on a vacation since then. I immediately started packing because I knew that I would take forever to pack. The next day at school I started telling all of my friends and they all were so happy for me!

 The day had finally come. We were packing all of our suitcases in the trunk and getting ready to leave. I asked my mom if we were going to have breakfast first, and she said

“No, we are stopping to get gas and you can get an ‘on the go’ breakfast,” She told me.

We were planning on staying at my Uncle's house in New Jersey for the night, so we wouldn't have to drive all day. I remember when I was about seven when my Grandpa's niece had invited us to her wedding in New Jersey. When we got there it was a few days before the wedding, and my Grandpa showed us around New Jersey. He showed us where he used to live, because he is originally from New Jersey and came to Maine for college. I remember going to the wedding reception at the Brownstone and there were five tables full of food at the wedding, and two of them were for desserts. I got one of everything and then right before we got on the bus to go back to the hotel I threw up because I had eaten so much food.

 When we finally got to New Jersey around noon, my dad called my uncle to tell him that we were just going to keep driving because we had such good timing. My uncle said that we should keep going and not stay if we didn't have to. So we kept driving and stopped at different gas stations here and there to use the bathroom and to get gas. When we finally got to Maryland, my dad stopped at a store to get some snacks and my mom put in the directions to the hotel. We got back into the car and the GPS said that we could get to the hotel by 6:00 pm or 6:15 pm at the latest.  It was five at this point and  I was so excited because we were almost to the hotel and I would have time to swim before bed. The GPS took us around Virginia and Delaware twice because of all the traffic and accidents. When we got two the hotel it was 10:00 pm, and there would definitely not be time to swim. I was so tired that I instantly put on my pajamas, used the bathroom and then flopped onto my bed and fell asleep.

The next morning when I woke up and got dressed, we all went down to the breakfast buffet and ate breakfast. When we got back into our room we decided that we were going to go to Ripley's Believe It or Not! museum by the hotel, since it was raining.

We got to the museum and there was a super long line and we thought that we might not be able to get in. We ended up getting inside and it was so cool! There was this awesome spinning tunnel that you could walk through and it was dizzying. There was this really fun game that my family played called the Atomic rush and you had to copy the pattern on a certain beat and if you messed up you would lose. There was a room full of lasers and you had to walk through them and that was really fun too!

That afternoon we went to the mall and a sandwich place to get some lunch which we brought back to the hotel. After lunch we were heading to the pool and I saw the workout room across from the pool and I told my mom that I wanted to go there later. When we got to the pool we were the only ones there. I was having a lot of fun jumping off the sides, doing handstands and going in the hot tub while my mom took pictures because she didn't want to swim. After my dad and I were done in the pool we all headed back up to our room and dried off and changed. It was almost dinner time and we all were hungry so we got in the car and went to find a place for dinner. 

After dinner we went back to the hotel and I went to the workout room and tested out a few things for fun. When we went back upstairs I took a shower and then started to get ready for bed. We called both sets of grandparents to see how they were doing and also because they wanted to know what we did that day. After we got off the phone I went on my kindle and watched one of  my favorite shows and then read and then I was off to bed for the night because I was still a little tired from the day before.

The next morning my mom told me to get ready for the day and not to mess around so that we can get some breakfast and that we were going to go to Virginia Beach. It was only the middle of April but it felt warmer here then it did in Maine. We went out to breakfast and then we were off to Virginia Beach! Once we got there we decided to walk the boardwalk. On the boardwalk we saw this big statue of Neptune and we stopped to take a picture with it. He looked ready for battle and he probably thinks he owns the beach! After we were done taking pictures we kept on walking and had lunch at one of the hotels. Once we were all done eating we kept walking on the

boardwalk and eventually we came upon a gym park on the beach which had monkey bars, balance beams, and rope swings! This was definitely my favorite stop on the boardwalk. I stayed there for an hour and once I was done there we continued walking until we came upon a Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop and we decided we should stop. Once we were done there we started walking back to the car. On the way back we saw a statue of a dolphin so we stopped to take a few pictures with it because it was really cool! The statue looked like it was smiling at me.

We also decided that before we left, we should stick our feet in the water. My dad chickened out but my mom and I did it. The water was so freezing that I thought we might get hyperthermia! It was so cold it felt like it hit me.When we got back to the car we all decided that we just wanted to go back to the hotel for the night, I looked at my fitbit and it said that we had walked over 6 miles!

We got back to the hotel and all took showers and changed because we were all sandy from the beach. After we were done showering, we decided that we wanted to go to the pirates cove to go mini golfing. We got to the mini golf place, and it was huge! There were two different sets of 18 holes.We did both sets! When we were done I was so tired that I almost fell asleep on the car ride back to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel I changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth and then sunk into my bed and fell asleep.

The next morning after breakfast we changed and brushed our teeth and then we were out the door and off to Busch gardens! When we arrived at the Gardens

we showed the workers tickets and then we parked the car and took the shuttle into the park. Once we were in the park I was so excited because I saw the roller coaster that my family and I were really excited to go on! It was called the Loch Ness Monster! We rented a locker so we could put sunglasses and my dad's hat in it so they didn’t fall off on the rides. 

The first ride that we decided to go on was the Loch Ness Monster since it was the first roller coaster that we saw and because it was close to the entrance.We got in line for the ride and waited for our turn. Once it was finally our turn, we got in the back cart of and 

I was so scared because I knew that there was a hundred and twenty four  foot drop and loop-de-loops,  but I was also excited. We started going up a small bump and then across a flat part and I made the wrong choice of looking down and then I realized that we were right about to go down the drop. On the way down the drop I screamed so loud it made my throat hurt! But the drop was done , and before I knew it we were headed for the two loops.When you got to the second loop they took your picture. Once we got off the ride we looked at our picture and I was screaming and my mom and dad were laughing at me. I said that I hated that ride.

We went back to the locker that we rented and got our sunglasses and my dad's hat. Once we were done there, we walked around and my mom and I went on the teacups, which wasn't very fun. If my dad were to go on them though, he would get sick. After the tea cups we found a water ride called the Romen Rapids that me and my dad wanted to go on so we got in line and we were the first people in line.We got in the float and started the ride there were a few bumps and then at the very end there was a huge bump and we got soaked.Lucky us we  had brought towles just incase but not a change of clothes so we would be soaked for the rest of the day.There these timed dryers that we went in and got are seles mostly dry.after we were done dring of  we got some lunch.After lunch I went on a ride that goes really fast called the thunder boalt.

        Once I was done with the ride we went to a different ride called the invader and did this three times.After we were done there we walked over to the other side of the park and went on the merry-go-round. Then we went on the log flume and we didn't get too wet.We started heading back to the entrance and  we went back to The Loch Ness Monster because it was my favorite afterall,  and we did it three more times before we left and got one of are pictures in a picture frame. Once we got back to our hotel room I got ready for bed and called my Grandparents and then read and watched a show and then I was out like a light because I was so exhausted. The next day we just drove around and eventarly we found the  Revalunatay War Museum and we decided to go to that. Once we got parked we paid to go inside. We saw a lot of  cool stuff, we saw some cool videos about the Revolutionary War. Once we were done inside we went outside and we saw someone dressed up as a patriot and he taught us how to shoot a musket and that was very cool. Once we were there we went over to the girl who was dressed up as a nurse and she told us how they helped the soldiers that were fighting and how to take out bullets or give people stitches, which was also really cool. They also had a soldier showing people how they made ovens in the ground, and how they preserve food. I had no idea they stored it in salt! We went back to our hotel and we swam, and then started packing up because we were leaving the  next day. For the rest of the day we packed up and started to pack our car for the ride back home for the next day. Once we were done packing I took a shower and got ready for bed and started calming myself down so I could sleep. I read some of my book and then fell asleep.The next day we woke up earlier than usual so we could get a head start home.On the way back home I listened to 4 audio books and 2 movies on my kindle that by the time we got to Boston where we were staying overnight, it was almost dead. I would say that this was an awesome vacation because I had so much fun with my mom and dad doing all the things we did. I would say my favorite part was Busch Gardens and the Revolutionary War Museum.This is something that I would love to do again. 


                 


The author's comments:

This about my vaction IN Vrigina