Pet Peeves | Teen Ink

Pet Peeves

April 27, 2022
By Anonymous

While I’m at work I take orders and ensure that the customer is getting what they want. “Ok, so just checking, you want 2 double jumbo cheeseburgers, a large fry, and a diet coke,” I ask. As usual, the customer says something along the lines of: “yep that's right.” 

I proceed to call it back to the cooks as usual and go along with my business. I take more orders and more. I eventually get the order back and give it to the customer. The customer thanks me and goes on to eat their food. Not but five minutes later, maybe not even, the customer asks another one of my coworkers where his chicken tenders are. My coworker says “here let me check the slip.” She finds the slip and then tells the man, “Sir, there isn’t an order for chicken tenders on here.” 

When the customer hears something like this then they will either try to squeeze a free chicken tender out of us or go on Facebook and write a bad review and then proceed to say how they’ve been a customer for 30 plus years but the owner and the previous owner has never seen the person.

In the end, I don’t budge. In my eyes, they can go kick rocks. Anybody that tries that shouldn’t be allowed back into the restaurant, but sadly the owner is a people pleaser so they almost always end up getting it anyways.


The author's comments:

I was forced to make this.