The Little Things | Teen Ink

The Little Things

Sitting down at the table, ready to eat the dinner that you have been looking forward to since you arrived home from school. It's a simple dinner, rice and salmon. The first few minutes go well, starting conversations about how all our days were, and what plans we had  for the days coming. 

To the left of me is one of my brothers. A recurring annoyance by him is how he tends to eat. Part of his doing is probably to aggravate me since he knows it annoys me but the loud smacking and chewing of easy foods as if he was eating something chewing like steak. The constant asking him to please stop and close his mouth is as if I was listening to a record since it's any night thing.
Having the annoying sound ruins the mood for the rest of the dinner, but at the same time it wouldn't be a family dinner if someone isn't annoying someone else or causing a disturbance. With the continuous reminder he begins to ease off a bit, to where it can be  manageable but is still there being heard. 

Ending the dinner everyone is ready to go back to doing their own things and needs the space from certain people that may have been antagonizing others throughout the dinner. 

pet peeve essay