Revere's Wells Street Tavern | Teen Ink

Revere's Wells Street Tavern

By kwest-litty-nelk GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
kwest-litty-nelk GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

In a bustling, yet quaint town lies a hidden gem in the cave of Wisconsin. An immersive mix of beautiful colonial architecture and deliciously hot food makes for an experience like none other. From the wooden sculpture bear outside, to the hectic game room with a pool table and dart boards, Revere’s has it all. As an employee and friend of Revere’s Wells Street Tavern, I would know firsthand that we set ourselves apart from any restaurant in Wisconsin.

What is a restaurant without food? Though it is a rhetorical question, Revere’s has it all. Our menu lists an array of choices that can please any taste bud. Normally, customers start out with an order off our appetizers list, which features classic items like our wings tossed in your choice of sauce, or a different appetizer such as our breaded Scotch Eggs. What about our hand battered oozing cheese curds? Or try to take on our salted giant pretzel with jalepeño cheese sauce, which lies on a wooden peel almost 1 ½ feet in circumference. With even more appetizers to choose from, our customers may even be full and satisfied before their entrée. You can flush down your appetizers with a cold lemonade or (If aged 21) can indulge in any of the hundreds of alcoholic beverages Revere’s offers. Our full service bar has classical barstools, a colonial feel, and any drink to tickle your fancy.

Just wait until the main dish. Reveres offers more than 25 different plates and has a rotating seasonal menu with even more to offer, like our winter green salad,  made up of romaine lettuce, caesar dressing, pomegranates, and your choice of protein . If you’re not full after all our appetizers and entrées, our delectable dessert menu offers items that are too sweet to pass up; regardless of how full you are. Our rich chocolate cake, warm and creamy baileys cheesecake are our most well known and consistently enjoyed treats. 

Burger Mondays are a bash at Reveres. Mondays and Mondays only, we offer many different burger toppings that you can choose from to create over 1,000 different combinations on a burger for under $10 with a choice of side. You can put different cheeses, sauces, toppings, and other items to create the perfect burger for yourself! What’s better than that?

However Revere’s claim to fame has got to be their hot, steamy, massive, fried or baked fish options. Revere’s perfectly utilizes the Wisconsin tradition of fish fry Friday and applies it to its maximum potential. Raves over Revere’s fish fry Friday makes the whole restaurant packed, inside and out. Every Friday people come from all over Lake Country just to have some of our fish fry. At Reveres, Fridays are a tradition and any given Friday can create memories forever.

On a busy night Revere’s sees as many as 700 guests, yet somehow we still manage to make it feel like a small family atmosphere. As soon as they step through the colonial, heavy, wooden doors; regulars, business partners, and new customers all fit under the category of family. That’s what sets us apart from the competition. 

The employees and I make the magic work at Revere’s. From managers, to servers, to kitchen members, to hosts, to my job as a server's assistant. All employees have a bright attitude and pride for working at a well known establishment. My fellow employees and I come to work bringing experience and excellence to the restaurant. That’s exactly why Revere’s Wells Street Tavern in downtown Delafield is the coolest thing Wisconsin has to offer.

Works Cited

Bruce, Geoff. “Homemade comfort food, neighborhood feel takes center stage at Revere's 

in Delafield.” Things To Do, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 2017, p. 1. Accessed 30 

November 2020.