Nostalgia | Teen Ink

Nostalgia

By AHSwriter2025 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
AHSwriter2025 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

One thing I can’t live without is my car keys. It sounds bad I know, but think about it. I drive everywhere. I love driving. But if I didn’t have my car keys I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere. I would be stuck at home reliant on my parents or friends to bring me everywhere. I wouldn’t be able to get to school. And if I couldn’t get to school I would probably fail all my classes. And if I fail all my classes I wouldn’t get into college. And if I don’t get into college I don’t get a Job. And without a job I would have to live with my parents. Don’t get me wrong, I love my parents. But the thought of being a grown adult and still having a bedtime doesn’t sound very pleasing to me.

Also the thing with driving is that you have a certain freedom. Your curfew might get later. Your parents start to give you more responsibilities. You start to feel like a grown-up. When you’re little all you want is to be treated like an adult and then once you finally are its a little scary but then you realize that when you were little all you wanted was to go drive around with the music blasting and the windows down. I do that sometimes. Makes me feel happy.

Driving makes me happy. It reminds me of all the good memories with the people I love. Something that matters most to me is mental health. My own and others. And if driving is the thing that makes me happiest I don’t know what I would do without it. I would be sad. That is not good, no one likes being sad. So if I lost everything else but one thing, I would make sure to keep my car keys.