My Longboard Ride | Teen Ink

My Longboard Ride

By 4baugh SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4baugh SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Racing down the stairs, I think about what route I’m going to take on my ride today. I find my longboard sitting patiently all charged up, just waiting for me to take her on another adventure. With her in my hand, my legs move faster and faster as I hike up the mountain of stairs. Before reaching the door, I yell, “Mom I’m going on a ride and I’ll be in less than an hour!” I slammed the door and hurried to put my shoes on, for the UV won’t stay at 7 for much longer. I jump on and my feet make the connection with my longboard. I glide out of my garage into the bright world of sun and blue sky. I pop my Airpods in and I put on some ABBA. I’m free! Finally free! I smile as I repeat those words in my head as I cruise down the hill. I spread my arms out imagining I’m flying and nothing can touch me or bring me down. I feel the wind on my face and blowing through my hair, and I can’t help but smile. My body sways to the music, swerving side to side along the open road. I then imagine I’m surfing as the song Surfin USA comes on, with my knees bent keeping me steady as I carve this wave. I wish I could longboard forever and never go back to life. Boring, annoying, no fun, life. I wish I never had to get off my imaginary surfboard. But that’s a thought for when I’m done with my ride, for now I will soak up all that this sun has to offer and glide on my longboard, staying in the moment. The present is for living in, so I'll do just that. Here comes another gnarly wave, let's get some speed for this one.

I like donuts