The trail | Teen Ink

The trail

By RLJoy DIAMOND, Glen Rock, New Jersey
RLJoy DIAMOND, Glen Rock, New Jersey

I usually like watching baseball but once when my brother had a game, my sister and I ended up on a mysterious trail. This is how it happened… He was ready. Whoosh, Josh swung a fast practice swing. The pitcher gave Josh a sign. He gave the pitcher a face, showing he was ready. The pitcher threw the ball. Josh’s eyes grow wide open. He was concentrating on the ball. He swung. “Strike,” the empire screamed. You could hear people screams of boo’s and “yays,” over the crowd. Now the game was getting intense.

The pitcher soon threw another ball. Josh swatted at the ball. This time he meant business. Bam! “Run home!” The coach yelled. He flew past first, then second. The crowd went mad. Then he slid past third. “You’re doing well,” The coach yelped.

I felt some one tap on my shoulder. “Raquel, come with me,” Sarah whispered. I did not respond. My eyes were glued to the game. She waited a moment and then I felt my arm being pulled off. I slowly got off of the bench and started following her. Sarah raced threw the field. I ran to catch up.

Soon we came to a halt. I turned a round and I saw little figure running. “Wow we must be far a way from the game.” I thought. Now many thoughts were popping out through my head but all of them disappeared when Sarah tapped on my shoulder. I turned a round and soon enough there I saw a trail.

My heart started to beat fast. I galloped in towards the trail and then Sarah and I stopped. “Wow,” Sarah exclaimed. Right in front of us was bricks lined up in a square. We walked closer to get a better look and sure enough we did. There was a small, steep stair case right in front of us. We climbed up the small, steep staircase and looked down. There was a deep hole full of trash, but not just trash, right there I found a patterned flowered couch. There was stuffing hanging out of the couch and a broken table. “This probably was a house.” Sarah retorted. We looked down at the gap full of things and then started walking farther.

“Let’s stop here.” Sarah nodded her head with approval. There was a big green field of grass. “Wow, isn’t this a wonderful view.” I smiled. The sun really lit up the field. . “Why don’t we head back its getting late?” Sarah nodded and we talked the way back.

“Where have you been, my mother asked. Sarah and I grinned at each other and answered “walking.”

RLJoy DIAMOND said...
RLJoy DIAMOND, Glen Rock, New Jersey
thanks for the comment i apperciate it

LegacyPen BRONZE, Hudson, Massachusetts

(my continued bio) Infinity, or Destiny of Infinity on here, is a total of 82,860 word count. I am in the editing process.

Wow! This was nonfiction? I would have never guessed! I only found out from the comment you made RLJoy...

Now that would be cool to find!

Just make sure you show and not tell when writing. However, I really enjoyed reading it! It has to be one of the most interesting nonfiction pieces I have ever read!

RLJoy said...
thanks! M y brothers team did win I think...

Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Wow, that's so cool! I would love to find something like that near my neighborhood. Great story, I really enjoyed it. And did your brother's team win the baseball game?