You're Mine | Teen Ink

You're Mine

November 29, 2009
By alchive PLATINUM, Fort Worth, Texas
alchive PLATINUM, Fort Worth, Texas
38 articles 0 photos 58 comments

Favorite Quote:
The best cure for writer's block is...to write


You draw me away from the others. I lean my head on your shoulder and you place your head on mine. "What are you thinking?" you whisper. And I tell you; I tell you everything. I know that if I say nothing, you'll say nothing. If I say I'm hungry, you'll get me a brownie. If I say I whished someone would ask me to dance, you'll spin me back into the room. If I say "you", you'll laugh and say "me too".
I'm walking in the hallway, staring into space. I don't look up and you pick me up and spin me around. I know that if I aught, you'll carry me to my next class. If I punch your arm, your start singing to annoy me. If I sigh, you'll take me aside and wrap me in your arms.
I'm reading a book and you sit down next to me, a notepad in your hand. I know that if I hold still, you'll start drawing me. If I look up and smile, you'll leave me be. If I set it down, you'll move closer and wait for me to talk.
I'm waiting for you at the end of the hall. You notice that some guys are giving me trouble. If I walk away, you'll shoot them a warning look and hurry after me. If they block my path, you'll get between me and them and make them move. If I wait for you, you'll come and out your arms around me and lead me away without a backward glance.
I laugh, you laugh. I cry, you cry. I'm silent, you're silent.
I trip and you haul me back up. I look hard at something and you give it to me. I make a random hand signal and you nod and give me the right answer.
You're the first to know my dreams, my hopes,my triumphs. You're the first to console me and the first and last to congragulate me.
We walk and you grab me hand. I smile and you move your face closer to mine. I walk in a room and you jump to greet me.
DOES THAT TELL YOU ANYTHING?


The author's comments:
You know who you are.......