You're Mine | Teen Ink

You're Mine

By alchive PLATINUM, Fort Worth, Texas
alchive PLATINUM, Fort Worth, Texas

The best cure for writer's block is...to write

You draw me away from the others. I lean my head on your shoulder and you place your head on mine. "What are you thinking?" you whisper. And I tell you; I tell you everything. I know that if I say nothing, you'll say nothing. If I say I'm hungry, you'll get me a brownie. If I say I whished someone would ask me to dance, you'll spin me back into the room. If I say "you", you'll laugh and say "me too".
I'm walking in the hallway, staring into space. I don't look up and you pick me up and spin me around. I know that if I aught, you'll carry me to my next class. If I punch your arm, your start singing to annoy me. If I sigh, you'll take me aside and wrap me in your arms.
I'm reading a book and you sit down next to me, a notepad in your hand. I know that if I hold still, you'll start drawing me. If I look up and smile, you'll leave me be. If I set it down, you'll move closer and wait for me to talk.
I'm waiting for you at the end of the hall. You notice that some guys are giving me trouble. If I walk away, you'll shoot them a warning look and hurry after me. If they block my path, you'll get between me and them and make them move. If I wait for you, you'll come and out your arms around me and lead me away without a backward glance.
I laugh, you laugh. I cry, you cry. I'm silent, you're silent.
I trip and you haul me back up. I look hard at something and you give it to me. I make a random hand signal and you nod and give me the right answer.
You're the first to know my dreams, my hopes,my triumphs. You're the first to console me and the first and last to congragulate me.
We walk and you grab me hand. I smile and you move your face closer to mine. I walk in a room and you jump to greet me.
DOES THAT TELL YOU ANYTHING?

You know who you are.......

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

This is a great article.  I can tell you really like (love?) this guy.  I hope he opens his eyes and sees that you two should be together.

Godisgreat<3 BRONZE, Noblesville, Indiana

"Forever and ever babe"

Ohhh I see. Well that story/poem sounds so much like boyfriend and girlfriend!!! hahaha that's so weird, but I wish you guys the best and hope he sees what you guys could possibly have in the future.

alchive PLATINUM, Fort Worth, Texas

Oh no, see, that's the problem. We're apparently just friends-best friends-since birth-who are families considered on of their own- BUT JUST FRIENDS! i'm trying to subtly get him to see how close we are to the next level.

"Forever and ever babe"

I love this!!!! This is so much how my boyfriend and I are!! He is such a gift to me and I think it's so great that there are other girls out there that have wonderful boyfriends just as I do. Wonderful piece you have wrote here:)

this is exactly how my bf is but sometimes i like it but then i dont

sydney_hope GOLD, Round Rock, Texas
This is really great, I loved it. You can really tell how close and wonderful you two's relationship is :)

alchive PLATINUM, Fort Worth, Texas

AUTHOR: ALCHIVE