Dancing | Teen Ink

Dancing

By emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.

My Stomach did flip flops. I had a mixture of excitement and nervousness in the pit of my stomach. I could hear the faint pit-pat of our shoes as the rest of the girls took their places on the tape marked stage. As the music starts and the curtains fall back I pull a smile on my face. Show-time I think to myself. As I start to dance I smile bigger as I think about how we are no longer in the dance studio, in front of those little mirrors just performing for our teacher and each other. We are on stage in front of hundreds of people and we are showing them what we worked so hard on for so many weeks. The music stops, and we take our bows as the audience erupts in to applause. I walk off the stage and go to get ready for my next dance. I am so proud of myself and I know my parents are too. Dancing on the big stage has always given me a thrill. Dancing is my life and I will never, ever give it up no matter what happens.

We had to write a free verse poem about something that we love for my Language arts class and I chose my love for dance