Losing my Best Friend | Teen Ink

Losing my Best Friend

February 22, 2010
By CountryAngel17 BRONZE, Pikeville, Tennessee
CountryAngel17 BRONZE, Pikeville, Tennessee
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

As I sat by your bed watching you slowly fade away,I am so angry with everything and everyone.Your my best friend!It's not fair that you have to die of cancer.I don't understand why God has to take a good person like you away from me.

I stand by your casket as they lower you in the ground.While tears are streaming down my face,I rememeber back to the time we ran through your backyard playing tag.I remember the times we sat in our favorite restaurant talking about school or some guy I thought was cute.My heart breaks even worse knowing that we will never again share those moments together because our time together on earth has ended.

My heart is hurting,it shuts everyone out,afraid of getting close to anyone and losing them like I did you.Besides,it feels like a betrayal to you to try to have another friend and let them take your place.There could never be a friend as good as you.

A lot of time has passed.I still think of you everyday,but my heart has started to heal and let other people in.I have some new friends now.I use to think it a betrayal,as if another friend would take your place in my heart.But I have found out no one could ever take your place in my heart.They just have there own special place.

After you had passed away,I thought I would never let anyone back in my heart.But I realized you wouldn't want me to shut the rest of the world out.You would want me to have friends.


The author's comments:
My best friend that died a few years ago inspired me to write this.I hope this will help people realize that when they lose someone special to them that they shouldn't be afraid of letting other people in there lives cause there afraid of getting hurt again.They shouldn't shut the rest of the world out.Let new friends enter your life.They wll help your heart heal.