Dead Prom Queen | Teen Ink

Dead Prom Queen

By kirstie_terry GOLD, Douglasville, Georgia
kirstie_terry GOLD, Douglasville, Georgia

Dead Prom Queen
Lately I’ve been in a dream, there are no such things as prom kings and queens, everybody has their favorite fairytale when really there is nothing at all, are you crowning me? Is it courtly’s love? Beheading me? Cause I’m a dead prom queen
Verse one- I’m just so tired of being treated like I’m not good enough, I just can’t get over what’s been done, if I could just feel like I’m something, but I never felt like that for the past six months, I’ve been with you, stuck with you, hiding away intriguing judgments its been enough but now I just feel like a piece of trash that’s been thrown in that dump, I don’t know how or what if this is a game I’ve been in, I’m starting to feel sick again so I’ll just start to pick this pen up and try to explain what I’m feeling to say how much things meant but **** its common since, I would never have to choose over a boyfriend for a friend, but I just can’t go on knowing I’ve waited this long to take you but I’m not allowed to, the wrong path I followed but it hurts even more when you do say sorry, but I know one fact I do feel like I’m not good enough, here today, everyday ,ample of motives it’s all because I can’t take my prom king, all cause he said sorry.
Chorus 2x’s- all this year, these days and months you’ve been with me, I can’t be, you can be because I can’t be your prom queen, it would be great if you’d be my prom king, but you can’t cause you stored the tiara for some other Queen, this prom is just a prom it’s all a dream whoa, but it don’t matter cause our friends are our dates nooo, I feel like a ***** but I’ll just dance with both of you so…
Verse two-I think I’m starting to lose a lot of belief in you, even my own self steam, almost feel like I would have to fight the whole room out, cause just as soon as we enter the ball room all questions come to me so I’ll try to act like I’m not sick on the stomach, cause if I act like that than it opens up a door, for a true disappointment, I’m not hating I’m just totally screwed, dancing with a guy that’s not even my own boyfriend? That’s rude, I don’t need no ****** questions or no one different dancing up on our ***, asking why you all doing that? Do you think I’m okay right in the room with you to her doing that? ****! “Kirstie you’re so stupid girl you letting your boyfriend be with another girl!? “Sad to say I’m not good enough I feel that I am, I’ll just get ran over as usual like now. So why don’t you all sit down listen to this fairytale in this story tell, hell there are no such things as a ball room prom kings and queens…
Verse three- I’ve never asked anyone to go to prom with, with you but no one else! I guess I got to be on my own take no one else but myself! Now you could’ve either let me known before it begun instead I have to be in charge get up and get with myself but without my very own! I was never the type of girl to sit and wait and fail for a special occasion and sit and wait for a king to turn me down over something that wasn’t done! I just wanted to go to prom with you and you know I do and did, I dreamed of being your prom queen if it meant go to the exclusives and family has always told me prom is a onetime special night! Meanwhile repeatedly I told you more than once and twice! But you made a mistake and I don’t know how to forgive you cause we’ve been around this whole time, I’ve learned my lesson than cause now I don’t believe in princess and knights no more, but there is nothing really that I can now do because prom is for friends nothing special so to you its 110% unusual,, I guess fairy tales and princess were never real, what color are we wearing? Let’s ware dark blue? It’s too bad I don’t fit in your castle to be your true prom Queen.

this is based on a true rejection about my boyfriend who takes my friend to prom instead of me after all of this year and months we have fought and been together. He does this our senior year, im sad.