My Diary For Today | Teen Ink

My Diary For Today

February 24, 2010
By BloodyMary PLATINUM, N/A, Other
BloodyMary PLATINUM, N/A, Other
22 articles 8 photos 70 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is like a box of chocolates; You never know what you are gonna get.


Dear Diary,

Today had been a good day.
I was able to answer my tests easily and I am very glad that God helped me. I was able to absorb all information in my head.

I once remembered something in my past. Wherein I got bad grades.
I feel bad whenever I get bad grades.

When the first quarter of the school year started, I got good grades like A's and B's. I was happy. But as I receive these grades almost everyday, I felt like I didn't need to study anymore because I know I'm smart.
OK, I didn't study very well anymore and continued this habit. I also didn't pass some of my homework and projects regularly because I've always thought that I will get another set of good grades, anyway.

Then in the 2nd quarter, I took the exams and was VERY confident that I will get good grades again.
When our teacher checked the exams, I was shocked, mystified and bewildered with the scores I got. All of them were C's and B-'s!
They went low.

Then I realized something...
I should have studied very well and should have never boasted to myself.

I already knew the results and already knew what will happen if I do it again.

After such predicament, I studied very well, in the best way I can. Then 3rd quarter came…WHOA!!! My grades rose up again!

I learned something valuable from this experience and it is a lesson that shall never be forgotten....


Every time I review my lessons, I remember this past and promised to do better in my studies.


That's what I can say today and maybe I shall tell another again!


-Mary?-


The author's comments:
An unforgettable experience. A big lesson in a student's life.

I am very thankful to God that He gave me wisdom and hope to achieve good grades again, very grateful...