Hurry Up and Wait! | Teen Ink

Hurry Up and Wait!

May 10, 2010
By MissAtomic GOLD, Sebastian, Florida
MissAtomic GOLD, Sebastian, Florida
10 articles 5 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful."- Marilyn Monroe


Waiting. Oh how I loathe waiting. From waiting tables to waiting in line, I hate waiting, yet it seem like that’s all I do. Right now, I’m waiting for a concert in August, a movie screening in July, work to start in June, school to get out next week, hanging out with my friends this weekend, my next Netflix DVD in two days, a movie to download in an hour, and my popcorn to be done in two minutes. I’m also waiting for my project partner to email me back and my book review to get published. Every day I wait for class to end and for some TV show to come on. I wait for YouTube videos to buffer and for my nail polish to dry. People tell me I’m impatient. I don’t think I am, because all I do is wait.
For once, I’d like to just live. Just spontaneously drive to Disney World. Alas, I cannot. I’m too dependent to be spontaneous. If I want to do something, I have to call a friend or ask my parents and work it into their schedule. So then I have to wait. Not waiting gets me grounded. Acting on a whim gets me in trouble. They (whoever the proverbial “they” are) say that live for today because tomorrow may not come. Well, that’s easier said than done.
I would love to not wait in line at the store. It would be fabulous if my sister didn’t make me wait for the bathroom. I would be overjoyed if my partner would respond to my I.M. because the big project is due tomorrow. I would adore all of that but it’s not going to happen. At least my popcorn’s done…