When I got lost | Teen Ink

When I got lost

By daneshzg GOLD, West Vancouver, Other
daneshzg GOLD, West Vancouver, Other

When I was a child of six in China, I got lost in a supermarket. I will explain now, to you, how it had happened.
Mom, dad, and I, were out of supplies. We decided that since we needed supplies, why not visit the Supermarket called “Jusco.”
My dad and I got in the car, and we took off in the direction of Jusco. Later, after half an hour or so, we arrived. Tell you one thing; it would be three times the size of a rich man’s mansion. We went inside Jusco, and walked toward the food market. I saw a cool action Figure on the stand to my right. Boy o boy did it distract me.
I looked back to where I thought my dad was. There was a man wearing the same Hawaiian shirt as my dad, so I followed him. But when he turned around I realised he wasn’t dad. I screamed a deafening shriek. I was lost… in the end I went to the reception desk and asked if they could find my father. They nodded and asked for my father’s name. After I told them my father’s name (Richard) they spoke into the microphone. The mall was resonating with a voice saying “Retard! Retard! Police com to tee recepetione!” My father came with an angry expression on his face. He asked, “Why did they call me retard, and why are you here?!” I looked down in embarrassment “I’m sorry” I said, and I meant it.
For I never got lost again.

Well Dane, It was a nice experienced you had, smiled after reading it. Moral of the story is do not stayed in China instead of got lost.