All it is, is nothing. | Teen Ink

All it is, is nothing.

By Kaylarebekah131719 PLATINUM, McDonough, Georgia
Kaylarebekah131719 PLATINUM, McDonough, Georgia

*(ending to Faith) I told myself that, if I avoided him at all costs, I'd be okay; so I did, and I was, and he never game back.
* More than we rely on other people, we rely on other peoples ignorance.
*Just a little thank you, to all the morons that led me to learning to write well; you are the razors of the pen that draws the blood I write with. I owe it all to your mistakes.

Abandonment is the darkest of all betrayals; the foulest of all sins. It is the very offspring of cowardice, manipulation, and deceit. It cuts a person, by far, the deepest. It cannot be half done and it cannot be undone. Once you have abandoned a person the steps that were taken to arrive at that point and place in time become irrelevant and disappear. You cannot back-track or retrace footsteps that no longer exist. Once you have abandoned a person it is over and has been done.

This is not to say you mayn’t, over a given length of time, wander aimlessly back onto their lives. Though you have lost something, it always can again be found; though rarely is it found unbroken. The gashes carved into a person’s heart will never fully heal; they will inevitably leave a scar. This scar will be easily visible to everyone because abandonment changes a person. It robs them of their faith, hope, and trust. It wipes away, thoroughly and completely, their smile; their real smile. The kind of smile that glitters; lighting up a persons face like the sun after an eclipse. That smile is stolen, completely destroyed, and time itself may find retrieving it a grand impossibility.

Betrayal of the vilest type fuels vengeance. Even if, by either change or hard work and sacrifice, the relationship is stitched up – the original flame rekindled - the longing and absolute necessity of revenge will never fade; the thirst can be quenched by nothing else. All might have been explained and forgiven, but acts of this nature cannot ever be forgotten. Even while all may seem well the other party will, either consciously or subconsciously, undoubtedly and invariably be plotting their retribution. Their retaliation will be either equal to or greater than in pain to that of the havoc you wreaked on their lives because their forgiving side, their holy innocence, had been appropriated in such a fashion that time has turned their hearts to stone.

Abandonment is nothing less than purposefully malicious. It is the conscious torture of a person who trusted another – the greatest mistake of mankind - and had that faith exploited in the most sadistic of ways. Abandonment is betrayal; it is the trickery of ones mind, the massacre of ones heart, and the abolition of anything and everything they were. It is the theft of all they’ve worked for and it is hard to forgive; impossible to forget. It is reprehensible; it is unpardonable; it is the stuff of the heartless.