Shine | Teen Ink

Shine

May 25, 2010
By Kaylarebekah131719 PLATINUM, McDonough, Georgia
Kaylarebekah131719 PLATINUM, McDonough, Georgia
21 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
*(ending to Faith) I told myself that, if I avoided him at all costs, I'd be okay; so I did, and I was, and he never game back.
* More than we rely on other people, we rely on other peoples ignorance.
*Just a little thank you, to all the morons that led me to learning to write well; you are the razors of the pen that draws the blood I write with. I owe it all to your mistakes.


I will never forget the day i watched you walk away. After all the times you promised me you'd never leave; that there was no where else you'd rather be. I stood next to you through all the pain and grief and sorrow; and i would have gladly held you hand as you pranced through the fires of hell itself.
Then again, I'll never forget the day i let you watch me walk away; because you lied. you never knew me and now, you never will. this is me being me; this is me being strong; this is me walking away. Now its your turn to sulk and its my time to shine.


The author's comments:
my ex broke up with me to 'make me strong.' he said that it would 'help me grow' that he wanted to 'let me see him shine'. somehow making me miserable was a game for him, but it worked. But now, its my turn, and he's miserable and 'it my time to shine.'