Shine | Teen Ink

Shine

By Kaylarebekah131719 PLATINUM, McDonough, Georgia
Kaylarebekah131719 PLATINUM, McDonough, Georgia

*(ending to Faith) I told myself that, if I avoided him at all costs, I'd be okay; so I did, and I was, and he never game back.
* More than we rely on other people, we rely on other peoples ignorance.
*Just a little thank you, to all the morons that led me to learning to write well; you are the razors of the pen that draws the blood I write with. I owe it all to your mistakes.

I will never forget the day i watched you walk away. After all the times you promised me you'd never leave; that there was no where else you'd rather be. I stood next to you through all the pain and grief and sorrow; and i would have gladly held you hand as you pranced through the fires of hell itself.
Then again, I'll never forget the day i let you watch me walk away; because you lied. you never knew me and now, you never will. this is me being me; this is me being strong; this is me walking away. Now its your turn to sulk and its my time to shine.

my ex broke up with me to 'make me strong.' he said that it would 'help me grow' that he wanted to 'let me see him shine'. somehow making me miserable was a game for him, but it worked. But now, its my turn, and he's miserable and 'it my time to shine.'