The writers way | Teen Ink

The writers way

By MitchB. SILVER, Lol, Florida
MitchB. SILVER, Lol, Florida

"just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

As writers, we see the world through different eyes. To everyone, the world is as it seems, bland and cruel. But to us, the select few who take on the honor, we see the world, not in black and white, but in multicolor. We see greens and blues and yellows, but the others see it in shades of gray. As writers, we find stories everywhere. The poet finds beauty in all things. A lake, a tree, the sky, its everywhere! Nonfiction writers enjoy the world around them, they see the majestic in history, the joy of the chase for knowledge. To us fiction authors, we enjoy making things up. To me, and I guess to all, it’s the joy of creating new worlds and new people. Its just so fun to entertain people by taking them to a far off land, where animals talk and witches rule the sky.

I believe that writers are the funnist people alive! Our imaginations run wild, seeing things that aren’t there. Our imaginations are what drive us to live, life with out imagination would be like kindergarten without the child who always eats the paste! It just wouldn’t be right! As writers, we find ourselves leaving the world around us and entering our gift, our imaginations. We think of stories at all ours of the day, even in the most inconvenient times! I personally have dozens of pages filled with forgotten stories that just might find there way on TeenInk!

As writers, we are obligated to spread our gift. It is our duty to give to the world what God gave to us. Our talent. Its our job! Imagine if J.K. Rowling never published Harry Potter and kept the story to herself! Or if Stepheni Meyer never even dreamed of Twilight! The world wouldn’t be the same!!

I want to leave all of my readers this message. Please, spread your gift to others, follow your dreams, and never let anyone put you done. I know that that whole Inner beauty is all crap, but what Im saying is, if someone tells you that you have no talent, don’t listen to them! Just move on to your next project. Also, been the true writer, embrace you feelings, but not in a hippie way! Just always live life The Writers Way!!!

The writers way is the way i believe writers live day to day. please comment and tell me the way you live as a writer!! I might include it the next time i make a Writers Way!!

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was funny, well written, and very true.  You expressed it perfectly.  And you said add something--well, this has been going on with me for more than a year now, I can't seem to get rid of it--almost every moment of the day, in my head I'm making my actions and those around me into a story in my head, as if there was someone writing every thing that happened to me.  I can't help it.

EllieK. BRONZE said...
EllieK. BRONZE, Wilmette, Illinois

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien

"Sometimes life sucks, so suck it up"
-ME

""We succeeded in taking that picture (from deep space), and if you look a it, you see a dot. Thats here. That's home. Thats us. On it, everyone you ever heard of

I liked this. It was cool and so true. I just thought it was interesting. Will you check out some of my work? Thanks!

We-R-3 BRONZE said...
We-R-3 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

A picture is worth a thousand words, however it takes a real artist to turn words into pictures.

Have you heard about the new Lebron Iphone, you have to set it on vibrate because it doesn't have any rings

"Or if Stepheni Meyer never even dreamed of Twilight! The world wouldn’t be the same!!" Yes the world would be so much better. Haha

but besides that you are right.