Once Upon A Time There Was A Girl... | Teen Ink

Once Upon A Time There Was A Girl...

August 4, 2010
By rundontwalk SILVER, Perth, Other
rundontwalk SILVER, Perth, Other
8 articles 8 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Go within and scale the depths of your being from which your very life springs forth."

-Rainer Maria Rilke


Once upon a time there was a girl. She had long curly brown hair with big brown eyes. She wasn’t the tallest girl in the world but that didn’t bother her. She was one of those people who hated being mean, at least to the people she really cared about. She wasn’t the coolest girl in school, though she wasn’t the loser either. She was content with where she stood in society. She loved her friends and family and they loved her right back. She was the kind of girl where no one would really know if anything was wrong. She hid it well. But sadly, what this girl was hiding was an immense belief that she wasn’t good enough. Not good enough for anything, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not fun enough, not talented enough, all around not enough. This belief became a big part of her life that it was as if it was always with her, always there to sneak up on her when she thought it was gone. She started making horrible decisions and isolating herself from everyone she loved. This belief began to take over her life even more. She tried to stop it, to fight it, she did it well too, but it was still always there, always at that dark place in the back of her mind. She didn’t know where the belief came from, why she feels that way, there’s always a reason, she just hasn’t looked deep enough to know it yet…

The author's comments:
I wrote this one afternoon, I was feeling really unwanted and irrelevant. I was hoping maybe I could get some guidance on writing, constructive criticism?