"An Unforgettable Companion" | Teen Ink

"An Unforgettable Companion"

By TheCreativeChristian SILVER, Enid, Oklahoma
TheCreativeChristian SILVER, Enid, Oklahoma

"I can do all things who Christ who strengthens me." -Philippians 4:13

Have you ever saved an animal with a broken limb on a road, stuck in a gutter, or trapped in a ventilator? Have you ever bonded with that precious new best friend, knowing you helped them in a desperate time and they appreciate your love? That you had the sympathy, the heart, the courage, the understanding, and the kindness to take them in? If you have, you know that all they long for is to love that someone on the inside who stretched out their arms to them with sunshine and compassion, and to be there when that someone needs them, no matter what. Through the tears, through the storm, through the day, and through the night. They're always there for you, even if you aren't always there for them. They light up a spark in you that nothing else can, and when their time comes, you are happy to know that they lit a candle in your life, at times it may have glimmered, but in the end it always shined, and you know that they were surely one of the best companions you have ever had. In memory of Simba July 2004 - April 11, 2008

I wrote this because of a cat I once had, Simba, who made my life so happy in his time. He was always there to cuddle me when I cried, whther I knew or not, and he loved to make me happy. I love you Simba, Rest In Peace.