Mystery of the Heart | Teen Ink

Mystery of the Heart

November 13, 2010
By Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina
49 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
Romans 14:8-For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.


Dedication to: Harnell ;p

The heart is a true mystery. It is unfathomable as to what a young man can do to a poor girl’s heart; keeping her awake at night, dreaming on and on of truth and fantasy. Lost sleep is a dangerous sign of true love; one must hope to never encounter it. Once you have however, it is extremely hard, in fact nearly impossible, to escape it without conformation of truth or falsehood. I must convey that this is true and it is a very hard burden to bear indeed. Love is not just happiness, butterflies, and goosebumps. It is also heartache, torment, confusion, longing, anxiety, impatience, uneasiness, and every good and bad feeling in the world all at once. Anger is one I strive to put away but can never get myself to overlook. Love is dangerous more than happiness I conclude; marriage is happiness because you no longer have to worry about the ‘what if’s’ you experience in love, for you can just be honest and open with your spouse. Love is a dangerous thing---for it consumes you body and soul, heart and mind. It devours your time and efforts and affects your performance in regular life, especially with other people or in conversation. I advise you, dear reader, to never encounter this emotion to anyone unless certainty of marriage is a possibility in the future. Be careful, dear one…..don’t follow after me; I love you too much to see you in my own faults and agony……

The author's comments:
I was best friends with a person and we communicated all summer; it was awesome. When he went to a different school the following school year, however, he never contacted me again. I was very upset and hurt; we weren't together but I did like him, though willing to settle for friends. All of a sudden, after about four months, he just shows up to youth group and is hugging me and sayn, 'hey!' and all like that. I was so happy and angry; the next day I tried txting him aaaaaall day (there wasn't any school btw) and never got any reply. I was very confused and had to write this before I lost this new emotion....hope you beneift and enjoy it.