What My Eyes See | Teen Ink

What My Eyes See

December 12, 2010
By radicalhonesty GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia
radicalhonesty GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia
12 articles 2 photos 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
There is no situation, facet, or aspect of life that cannot be improved with pizza. -Daria


Somewheere in rural Virgina, 1:36pm:

The sky is low, like a ceiling. It kind of makes me claustrophobic, especially since I'm not used to it. In Georgia, where I live, you can look to the highest point in the sky and still see clouds. But I guess that's because we're so high up, in the mountains. They frame the sky, not pointy like mountains are drawn, but round and long. They're so solid, I have the feeling they know something I don't. Small farms dot the large expanse of countryside. The small ribbon of road we are driving on curves, anxious to find the best path through the mountains. I feel like we are intruding. There is a calm that settles in this part of the country, a calm that is non- exixstent in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia. The cows lazily graze on grass, and the small houses are deep in thought. The sky is a protective dome, and now I glance back up at the gradient of blues. I smile and wonder.


The author's comments:
My family was driving back from Maryland where we spent our Thanksgiving break. I have a journal, where I describe scenes around me like this. The first thing that caught my attention was the low sky. So I took out my journal and wrote about it.