What My Eyes See | Teen Ink

What My Eyes See

By radicalhonesty GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia
radicalhonesty GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia

There is no situation, facet, or aspect of life that cannot be improved with pizza. -Daria

Somewheere in rural Virgina, 1:36pm:

The sky is low, like a ceiling. It kind of makes me claustrophobic, especially since I'm not used to it. In Georgia, where I live, you can look to the highest point in the sky and still see clouds. But I guess that's because we're so high up, in the mountains. They frame the sky, not pointy like mountains are drawn, but round and long. They're so solid, I have the feeling they know something I don't. Small farms dot the large expanse of countryside. The small ribbon of road we are driving on curves, anxious to find the best path through the mountains. I feel like we are intruding. There is a calm that settles in this part of the country, a calm that is non- exixstent in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia. The cows lazily graze on grass, and the small houses are deep in thought. The sky is a protective dome, and now I glance back up at the gradient of blues. I smile and wonder.

My family was driving back from Maryland where we spent our Thanksgiving break. I have a journal, where I describe scenes around me like this. The first thing that caught my attention was the low sky. So I took out my journal and wrote about it.

Gettysburg63 PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do... the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." -General George S. Patton

Yep nothing like the boondocks. I wished I lived out in the country. I live in Wisconsin and the countryside is always where the best cheese and meat can be found and would be a great place to fire my rifle.