Jesse&Makaila's Journey | Teen Ink

Jesse&Makaila's Journey

By Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Romans 14:8-For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Makaila is in love with Jesse as ever much can be. She was sooooo in love with him (by the way, only a high school flirty love not for life marriage love) that she was having dreams about him! They were very nice, and she was writing all of them down in story form. (she loved to write….) This is one of her dreams about herself and Jesse….

Tuesday was my first game. The cheerleaders went to Chick-Fil-A and Taco Bell during the JV games. Since Jesse (her crush) is on the JV team, I was pretty bummed that I missed seeing him play. We got back and soon learned that the guys had lost. ( =( ) We also learned from Daron who was sooooo willing to re-enact it, that Jesse got ‘hit’ during the game and had to be carried off the court. (lol) After a little while, into the girl’s game, I saw Jesse sitting right across from me on the other side of the gym on the bleachers at the top. He was staring at me while I was cheering, so I just smiled and cheered my heart out. Well, after Varsity girls half time cheer was over, I walked over and then up the bleachers to talk to him and ask about the game. He told me some of the highlights and who made what shots and stuff; but I don’t remember any of it because I was just listening to his charming accent. (he is a hick for sure! Woo!)
His mom was sitting right there and I could see her out of my peripheral vision just staring at me with pleasure and what seemed to be approval. We had a few good laughs and just enjoyed talking. He soon excused himself however to use the restroom. I was about to excuse myself back to my seat since I only had two minutes left when she began, “Thank you so much for being a friend to Jesse. I’ve been meaning to talk to you and I wanted to just express my gratitude to you personally, although I imagine your father has already told you that I told him that. It means a lot. He talks about you often and always smiles when he does. (she smiled herself then)” I thanked her for the compliments and I assume by her reaction that she knew I was flirtatiously excited because I all of a sudden felt my face get very very hot. As soon as I sat back down and started cheering he came back and his mom immediately started talking to him. He smiled and kinda nodded, then went to his seat and continued to stare at me. I stared back while cheering for some time, but had to eventually look away and focus on my cheering.
We stared at each other back and forth throughout the rest of the game and the guys’ game. It wasn’t until after the guys’ half time routine that we talked again. I was resting along the wall on the end of the court. I saw him get up from his seat and he slowly walked over. Him in his jeans, hoodie with his hands in the pockets, and a big smile on his face. “Hey!” I called out. He walked up and kinda stopped and just smiled warmly before speaking.
“Hey so my mom and I were talking…my birthday was Mon as you know, by the way thank you for the present, and Wednesday my family’s going out for a special birthday dinner. My mom has given me permission to invite you. I’d appreciate it if you came.” He stopped looking kind of embarrassed but happy that he got to ask me. I kinda smiled then gave a face like I was thinking. “Oh don’t worry about youth group. My mom said we could have the dinner early at like 4, 4:30 and then Mike would drive you me and him to youth group. Yes, I’d be willing to go for you. So what’d’ya say?” He smiled warmly but also nervously. I replied slowly and flirtatiously, “I would looove to go. ( =) ) Only thing-you have to go over there (I pointed to my right) and ask my dad.” Then I kinda gave him a mischievous smile. He through his head back and kinda smiled. “Ugh! Are you serious? I have to ask your DAD? Seriously?!” I just laughed at him. He started to turn back to his seat on the bleechers so I got behind him, put my hands flat on his back and started turning him around then pushing him towards my dad while saying, “Noooohohoho! You’re asking him! Don’t be no yelluh belly! Come on…it’s for me.” Then I gave him my ‘pweeeease’ batting eyelashes face. He dragged his head low to the side and smiled flurtasciously. “*sigh* Fiiiiiiiine…..but only cuz it’s for you.” At this point he started over there and I was nervous outta my socks! So I ran to the bathroom to escape the embarrassment from my dad.
I heard the buzzard sound and knew I had 40sec left so I ran out and immediately went to my seat without looking directly at anyone or anything but my seat. When I went back and started cheering I noticed Jesse was walking away from the corner where my dad was and back to his seat. He said something short to his mom and then sat back down and looked like he was on top of the world. After the game, he came over and said, “Your dad told me to tell you that he left and you’re to go home with the Stubbs.” I nodded and started to slowly walk away, but he yelled hey before I had completely turned around. “Ya?” “Your dad also said yes and he already gave me his rules but said to ask your standards as well.” “For dinner with a friend???” “No for dating.” “What?” “Makaila I like you a lot and I told your dad that was why I wanted you to go to dinner with me and it’s true….I just wanted his blessing before I asked you out. So what do you say? Will you make Wed our first date?” He looked serious, but also like he was about to explode with happiness.
No one was around so I jumped up and hugged him around the neck and picked my feet up and he swung me around. “So I’ll take that as a yes?” He asked while smiling after he put me down. “Definitely. Ok I only have three standards. 1. I have to keep my purity and this(I pointed to my lips and he nodded like he understood) but not this(I pointed to my cheek with a smile and he smiled too); 2. Can’t neglect my studies, duties or friends. and 3. Since I know you’re not a Christian you have to at least show interest, be open minded, and not shun me when I talk about it. Can you handle that?” I had my hands on my hips and he put his hands on my hands, leaned forward and kissed my cheek. “Most definitely.”

this is fake....but real