Goodbyes | Teen Ink

Goodbyes

By chrisoulakat PLATINUM, Tinley Park, Illinois
chrisoulakat PLATINUM, Tinley Park, Illinois

"Stop waiting and be free. Of me- put me deep inside you and then go out in the world and live. Love the world and yourself in it, move through it offers no resistance, as though the world is your natural element." -The Time Traveler's Wife

Goodbyes are a part of life. When a door closes, another opens.
He was a huge part of my life. He was the first guy to accept me for who I was. He didn’t care if I have a disability or if I am imperfect. He loved me for who I was at that time. But once we drift away and are influenced, we became different people. Not who we used to be.
He was relaxed and understanding. Then he turned into a jerk and discovered love in a different aspect.
I was naïve and carefree. I turned into an uptight girl who didn’t know any better.
Jerks and uptight people do not collide. Certainly, he or I didn’t collide like we used to.
One day I told him goodbye. The official goodbye. Not “See you later”. The Goodbye.
I was done with his acts. I then became sad because I missed what we had. Afterwards, I became angry at myself, and asked myself, why would you throw something so great away?
Now I realized what we had was great- at a time. The good times are all in the past. This is now.
Now I am happy without him. I don’t need him. What we had is said and done. This is the time to move on and live for a different purpose in life.
My purpose in life does not include him anymore.

All I want you to know is you should learn how to take chances- whether it's saying hello or goodbye.