Observation | Teen Ink

Observation

August 10, 2011
By Sarah1311 DIAMOND, Clackamas, Oregon
Sarah1311 DIAMOND, Clackamas, Oregon
54 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To the world you may not be someone, but to someone you may be the world" and "Never frown because you never know who's fallen in love with your smile" <3


Religion, one thing that I've struggled with for awhile now. Like most christian teenagers I was brought up in a church, but being the open minded person that I am I ask more questions then I suppose I should. Now I've talked to people from multiple religions and one thing they all seem to have in common is that there is indeed a god (or gods depending on the religion) So theres the basic, theres a god. How else would everything get here? I mean think about it, even if you believe the scientific way of how everything was put here you still believe there was a beggining. Religion is the same way, we put a beggining to everything, why? Because everything has to start somewhere. And what most people don't understand is that god dosn't have to be a person, he can be anything, he's not truly alive, he is just the beggining. Now what I don't believe is right is when people push thier religion on others. There is no reason for it. Now why do people do that? Because at a young age they were trained that there religion is right. Think about it, there are thousands of religions out there, and you think yours is right? How unrealistic is that? And then to ruin a relationship, whether it is a friendship or more, just because they don't believe the same thing you do? Redicules. Honestly it's pathetic. People need to learn acceptance. Acceptance above religion is what will help people. They won't judge if they can accept, they won't be afraid of death but accept that it's how it has to be. Just accept and everyone will be happier. Religion is okay in small doses, but to make it the center of your life is when you drive yourself and everyone around you nuts. It's unhealthy, and whether you agree with me or not I don't mind. That's just my observation.


The author's comments:
I was raised with religion but I learned to be open and to ask questions, and I've had maney friendships ruined over religion, just because I couldn't make my mind believe what they did. I will not judge anyone on there religion, this is just an observation, infact I won't even share my own beliefs inless you ask. (yes I do still have beliefs they just arnt the center of my life) I hope you take everything I say in with an open heart and mind.