Most People | Teen Ink

Most People

By Cat-Girl PLATINUM, Nyania, Planet Nyan, Oklahoma
Cat-Girl PLATINUM, Nyania, Planet Nyan, Oklahoma

"That's what's wrong with the people in this world; they believe they can do well by just getting by when they need to aim for the highest."
-Keith Anderson
"You can never hope to build a better world without improving the individuals."
-Marie Curie

Most people don't observe anyone. They just blab to their friends, and if they do see anyone, it's a person who stands out or is super fashionable. The boy with a tan and a Bieber cut. That girl with smooth (fakecolored) blonde hair and the perfect makeup. That's what most people notice, or this: that kid with the rimless glasses and stained t-shirt. The girl with a few frizzies and long hair, and ISN'T wearing fancy clothes. That is what most people notice. But they always either blow them off, or daydream about them and forget five minutes later. But they never investigate, or even care. They judge you by what you look like, or just what you have in your hand. Someone might have a nicer clothes, but they just felt like looking simple that day, or they might've just had a bad hair day. Maybe the kid with the glasses doesn't have the money for contacts, and the cool guy isn't that great because he ditches girlfriends as fast as he woos them. Most people don't think about this stuff, but I do. I think about the possibilities of their situation, and it may not be their fault. Remember that.