Don't believe the lies | Teen Ink

Don't believe the lies

By Unsure SILVER, Kissimmee, Florida
Unsure SILVER, Kissimmee, Florida

If you two are meant to be, then he'll come back to you
but if you are not meant to be, then you'll move on

You remember the lies that you once believed, the lies that you thought were so true. You think your on top of the world because he said he truly loved you, but that was the lie. If he loved you, he wouldn't be going around kissing other girls. He wouldn't be going around making fun of you.
If he truly did love you, where is he now? If he so much as cared just a little, he would be by your side. He would sacrifice his time to be with you. Don't make excuses for him, because your just letting all the crap he is putting you through slide. Don't let him get away with calling you nothing. Don't let him get away with your heart crushed in his hands. Don't let him think its okay to break you apart and leave you in tears and pain.
Fight the pain you feel when he hurts you, remind yourself he is not worth it. Tell yourself and him also that your life is better off without him.

I have let him think its okay to hurt me and make me cry for way too long. I am done being his door mat, I am way more than just another girl. I am me, and that's the biggest gift I can offer.