The Same Difference | Teen Ink

The Same Difference

November 30, 2012
By kpann BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
kpann BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

She is always criticized. Mistakes pointed out. School work to be done. Ways to become better. No matter the subject, she will often be second, but he is never criticized. Whether it is his friends, grades, or actions, he comes out on top. It will end when he goes to college and she remains at home. Right?

Around the house, she will seldom be talked to. Unless a rare question is asked, conversation will never happen. However, out of the house, parents constantly call, text, and visit him. After 23 years they will be sick of him and focus on the 17-year-old still at home. Right?

Here she is, constantly overlooked. Even her teachers ask if she is related to the “great” Stephen Panaro. There he is, always standing out. When he comes home, his teachers from high school remember him and don’t ask if there is a relationship between him and Kristen Panaro. They recognize the connection. Right?

Brother and sister, born five years apart.


Different personalities. Different opinions. Different appearances.


Same family. Same house. Same schools. Same teachers.


They should be treated the same way.


Right?