How My Life Changed | Teen Ink

How My Life Changed

January 14, 2013
By cheyler BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan
cheyler BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Was it a good choice? That’s the question I find myself asking. Was it a good decision for me to say yes to move to Kalamazoo I had to leave my old school and friends. But I made new friends. I had to leave my neighborhood and go to a new one, but the most important of all I had to leave my old school and go to a new school. Those are only the major changes though there were also many other changes that were minor that I had to deal with such as I no longer could have my own room. It was a very emotional time for me especially since my family was having family trouble at the time also so; overall it was very hard on me.

One of the upsides was that my new friends were very nice to me and they helped me get used to the new school and they were always there for me whenever I needed their help with anything. I also decided that once I moved there that I wanted to take up playing soccer instead of baseball which I normally played at that age. When we first moved I had a very sad time in Kalamazoo, until one day I went back to the place that I used to live with my mom to visit my old friends and so she could visit her own friends.

When I talked with my friends they said that I should not be sad and that I should focus on my future also because now that I could get the Kalamazoo promise I had a higher chance of being able to go to college. After I got to see my old friends and talk to them again I agreed my move was for the best. That was when I decided yes it was a very good decision for me to agree to move to Kalamazoo.


The author's comments:
a paper i had to type in english