Cory Monteith- Person | Teen Ink

Cory Monteith- Person

By JackieH PLATINUM, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
JackieH PLATINUM, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Don't break character, you've got a lot of heart. ~ The Killers

I would do anything to bring him back. Anything. I would give up my own life if only I could give him another chance at his. He showed me how to cherish everything in the world. He showed me happiness, he took me under his wing and gestured to the world. He whispered in my ear, “Jacqueline, this is your home. This is your soil, it’s time for you to bloom. To grow. Life is an egg, you just gotta take a crack at it.” He didn’t know me. I never got to shake his hand and tell him how much I loved him and what he’s done for me. Everyday I go out into the world and face the people who ask me. “Didn’t the guy from that show die?” Yes, he died. Yes, he’s gone. Yes, it was a drug overdose. No, He’s not coming back. Yes, I’m doing okay. But i’m not doing okay. I’ll never do okay. Not when there will never be another Finn song. Not when there won’t be a new Finn scene. Not when I’ll never see him and Lea Michele get married. He was cremated, his body was erased from the world. Goddamn, what do I do without you, Cory? How do I go on? Why did you have to leave me? Why can’t you come back and tell me how to handle this? You were such an amazing person, I need you back, Cory. I need you. You’ve helped me so much and I couldn’t help you. My uncle died and I listened to his voice to soothe me. He dies, who do I have to soothe me? You took the midnight train going anywhere. Are there any tickets left? Can I just say goodbye? Can I please find a way to say goodbye to you? I miss you so much. He was my person. He was my person. If I could say anything to you. And God, how I wish I could, I would tell you that I love you. I would tell you that even if you didn’t live your own life like you would have liked to, it’s okay. It’s okay because you made mine so much better. You taught me how to accept myself as who I am and I could never ever thank you for that. I could never repay you. You showed me that every situation can have even a bit of optimism to it. Optimism. You showed me that, didn’t you? You showed me to that mythological light at the end of the tunnel. You found your light. You truly are in a better place, aren’t you Cory? Can you see me crying? Can you hold me, Cory? Can you please hold me? I want to say goodbye to you. Goodbye, Cory Monteith. I just need you to know that you aren’t just a person. You were never just a person. You were always an angel, even before you got your wings. I’ll always love you and you’ll live on through the thousands of people you’ve touched and saved. Thank you, Cory. Thank you, Finn. I promise, I won’t stop believing.

I love the big lug.

cami_cook314 BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
This was amazing I literally almost started bawling when I found out that he had passed and this article clearly represents how much I love and miss him it doesn't seem real but He will always be in our hearts and our memories

mynameisnothabib GOLD, Quinlan, Texas

"One idea lights a thousand candles"
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

This was so beautiful. When i saw the cover of the magazine, i nearly died. Like, i literally had a freaking breakdown in wal-mart.. I still can't get over the fact that he died. D: I miss him every day and still wonder what it would be like to have met him....