The Angel | Teen Ink

The Angel

November 9, 2013
By Wannabevamp2296 BRONZE, Summerville, Georgia
Wannabevamp2296 BRONZE, Summerville, Georgia
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Kiss my Country REDNECK a**

Your skin isn't paper, don't cut it.
Your face isn't a mask, don't cover it.
Your size isn't a book, don't judge it.
Your life isn't a film, don't end it.


Kamdyn does not know how to handle her troublesome life and endure all the pain it dishes out. She feels like she’s fading away between cool kids who can not get over themselves, her parents divorce, her brother Keata’s death, her so called special senior year. She has no friends because of everyone she tries to confide in, just throws it back in her face on the way out the door. As Kamdyn walk the halls of her high school with no confidence, hope, or friends. And yet she loses herself with each and every step she takes as they echo the halls. She begins to think about life and certain questions pop out. DO I EVEN BELONG? WOULD IT EVEN MATTER? WHO CARES ABOUT ME? As she runs her fingers across her wrist embedded with scars that show her who she really was and that nobody knew that person YET. She tries to remember the good times as she walks out the school and starts home. All she could think of is all they time her and Keata spent together bounding and do sibling stuff. Her brother was her best friend. But every since his death she has kept to herself. Her own family didn't want her. Her parents stayed out partying or wasn't home at all. It’s been like that since Keata died. She tried to be there for them and they pushed her away. She had no one to call family and nowhere to call home. She ran home as fast as her two feet could carry her. She jogged her to her second story bright white bathroom and got in the cabinet. She pulled out a small silver razor. She though that death could save her and that it was the only option available. But decided against it as the thought of her brother rushed to her and brought her to tears. She looks at herself in the mirror and all she sees is a blonde haired blue eyes nobody who is crying. So she takes the tiny silver razor across her soft skinned wrist and watched it as blood started to flow. One cut, two cut, three cut, four. Across town, an angel comes to this girl who has a similar life but her name is Caledonia. A bright light shines in Caledonia’s room and an angel appeared. She told her of Kamdyn and that she needed to go to her. Caledonia confused as she was, she went without hesitation. When she got to Kamdyn’s house she found the door open and school stuff scatter about the house. She reached the second floor and found Kamdyn in a puddle of blood and tears. The angel reappeared and said “she’s not dead. Help her.” Then the angel disappeared and Caledonia stopped to think what she should do in this situation. Caledonia called the ambulance and while she waited she performed CPR on Kamdyn hoping to wake her up. When they arrived on the scene they ask her what happened and all Caledonia could tell them is what she saw after she got there. After they left, Caledonia waited around to tell her parents what happened but they never showed. So she left and went to the hospital to check on Kamdyn. After that she went every day for 6 months until she came in one day and the doctor told her that Kamdyn wasn't going to come back. That she was in a coma and the only thing keeping her alive is those life support machines over there. As he pointed to the machines next to Kamdyn’s bed. She had no words to say. She was taken off guard. She was shaken. So the next day she came back to just talked to Kamdyn. Caledonia had done research that people in a coma could hear you. Then all of a sudden, she heard a whisper like someone was calling her name. So she turned to see who it was and found Kamdyn’s parents talking to the doctor and signing some kind of important paper. She went out there to pay her respects. But then overheard them talking about them cutting off the life support. Because they still blamed her for Keata’s death. But they never really know what really happened that night. On Kamdyn’s Sweet Sixteen, She came home from school and because she back talked her mom. She got grounded for the rest of the week. Kamdyn was heartbroken and Keata could tell that. So in his mind Keata had a little adventure planned for his little sister. Earlier, he had heard about this frat party going on tonight. He didn't plan on attending. But it looked like the birthday girl needed some help. So after everyone had gone to bed. Keata and Kamdyn snuck out the house and drove down the road and across town where Caledonia lived. The frat house was next door. Caledonia went next door to party to the morning. She noticed a black truck pull into the drive and out stepped Kamdyn. They go to school together and they have never talked to each other one day in their life. Keata and Kamdyn went inside with Caledonia on their tale. Everybody was so wasted. And they had school tomorrow. When Keata noticed the time, he pulled his sister off the table that she was currently dancing on. Then, they started home. Keata driving slower than usual cause he was intoxicated. He was stopped at the lights and waited for it to turn green. When it turned green he pushed the gas but never noticed the driver coming the other way. It hit the car head on and it spun around. And then it flipped over. The girl in the car behind them called the cops and told them what happened. They said help was on the way. When they got there, they were both unconscious from the accident. The other dude was fine. They rushed Keata and Kamdyn to surgery when they reached Sanctuary Hospital. They had both lost too much blood. They couldn't save Keata no matter what they did. When they went tell the parents. They lost because they lost their hope love and joy that day. Presently, Caledonia and Kamdyn’s mom are arguing. Caledonia pointed out that she’s killing the only child she has left. Kamdyn’s mom just stared at her and blinked. Caledonia deep in thought wondering why she doesn't cry for her daughter. She thinks deeply and profoundly about her weaknesses and remember Keata.
As she returns from her flashback of Keata to reality, Caledonia sees Kamdyn’s mom almost at the exit. Caledonia screams across the hospital. “WHAT WOULD KEATA IN THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION?” Kamdyn’s mom stopped and turned around. Looked at the girl who just said her dead son’s name. She noticed the whole staff was quiet. It just happened to be the staff that was here that terrible night. She looked at Caledonia and said, “He would give her time to pull through or he would want to say goodbye.” As she said this tears fell down her face. Caledonia steps forward and says, “That’s all want to do.” Kamdyn’s mom shook her head OK and left the hospital. Caledonia went back to Kamdyn and explained everything from hearing the voice to the fight with her mom. 5 years later, Kamdyn still hadn't woken up. But Caledonia had hope and she didn't give up. The day came when the agreement Kamdyn’s mom and Caledonia’s agreement ended. As Caledonia was saying goodbye to Kamdyn the doctors came in there to unhook the machines. Tears fell down Caledonia as the nurses and doctors finished up and walked out of the room. The next was the funeral and Caledonia had planned on attending. She got dressed and drove to the Funeral home. It was a beautiful service and the number of tears shed was unlimited. It was time for the worst part. As she stood by the marked grave of Kamdyn Sapphire Nyte July 30th 1982 – April 1st, 2004. As Caledonia watched someone she considered her friend get lowered 6 feet into the ground. She vowed to live a life that Kamdyn would be proud of. That weekend when Caledonia was walking down to the jewelry shop. She thought she saw Kamdyn and Keata walking but she shook her head and continued on. She got to the jewelers and paid for her in memory stuff for Kamdyn and Keata. She put them on and decided they were never coming off. She walked home to check on her dog. She fed her and then went to her room and started to read. Before she knew it, Caledonia fell asleep. Bright lights started shining in her room and that woke Caledonia up fast. Two angels appeared out of nowhere and she knew exactly who they were. She stared and them. And said “you’re died. Both of you.” They shook their heads and stepped forward toward her. And said, “Caledonia, We were put on earth to help you. And we did. You have become the woman that you are suppose to be. And for that we are so proud we got to be a part of that. Caledonia looked at them all confused and had some many questions. But she decided not to hound them with questions. Then when the angels realized she wasn't going to ask any questions. They said blessed be and went back to their true home. Heaven. Caledonia had two angels watching over her till they day she died which wasn't until 2014. She lived a long and happy life all because she wanted to make Kamdyn proud and she did. She had a daughter that she named after her and a son who she named after Keata. They grew up and had their own kids.


The author's comments:
I had a friend who tried to commit Suicide and while try to kill herself she said an angel came to her.