Describing a Person | Teen Ink

Describing a Person

By brookeybilly BRONZE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
brookeybilly BRONZE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

My Perfect Person

It wasn’t perfect, but it happened. I was playing his favorite song when he came into my work. For some reason I just can’t remember the first time I had seen him. However he can tell me the story as if he knew it like the back of his hand. He asked me, “Who’s in charge of the music?”
“I am, do you like this song?”
He gave a smirk, “Yeah, it’s my favorite.”
I barely even remember that conversation. It was when he came in the second time that I really did notice him. His beautiful blue eyes, light brown hair, and perfect smile. He looked right at me and said, “No music?”
I stood there kind of confused. “No not right now.” I didn’t remember him from the first time, but I acted like I did. He was flirting with me. I was shocked. He was so tall and handsome. He ordered a chicken quesadilla. His brother and brother’s fiance were there with him. When I was done making her order she had asked me, “Are you single?” Again I was confused and nodded my head yes and let out a little laugh.
I was cleaning up front when he approached me. “Could I get some more chips for my guac?”

“Yeah, of course!” I replied.

“Hey, my name’s Andrew.”

“I’m Brooke.” I couldn’t help but have this huge smile on my face. He was perfect. Tall, handsome, light brown hair that flipped up a little at the top, and those blue eyes. He caught my attention in every way. He was wearing blue jeans, a grey shirt, and a blue and black jacket. I soaked in that whole moment and savored it.

“I was wondering if I could have your number?” I could see him shaking, his hand couldn’t stop. I found it so adorable, I noticed his pointer nail was bruised and chipped. His thumb also had a little bruise at the tip of the nail.

“Yeah you can.” He pulled out his phone still shaking. I said, “6-3-6-6-9-9-0-3-9-0 and it’s Brooke with a E and my last name is Bill, like the first name.”

“Thanks, I’ll text you in a little.” We were both blushing. I could see his face getting red, but all it did was make him so much cuter. I couldn’t wait for him to text me. He left and I went back to work. He texted me, and after a couple dates and weeks of talking we were a couple. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Andrew is now my best friend, and so much more to me.