my grandparents migrate | Teen Ink

my grandparents migrate

In Mexico the poverty is very depressing and not the best living condition to live in and in 1979 my grandmother a very strong caring woman and my grandfather a person who always puts his family first decided to end their poor living condition and come to the U.S. los Angeles CA my grandmother & grandfather  came to this country with the mentality of  coming to this country to work. And to give her family a better life than the life she was  living.

They came to my grandfather came to pacoima and found a job at SDI where he worked as hard as he could. When he came here he thought it was going to be hard but he says that there was not a day where he gave up because he thought of owning his own house and having his kids here getting a good education he said to be exact an American education [kind of like the American dream] .

my grandfather said when she came the first couple of years she was living here she felt like life was harder and it was hard to start all over again a new life here. They said of course the first couple of year they lived in worse conditions than the one they lived in mexico but they knew that nothing in life is just given to you so they worked hard. “my grandmother also said that like any other immigrant life is really hard .

In 1987 my grandmother saved up money and her job helped her get her residence to leave the country and as she did she said that same year 1987 she went to mexico and she paid for my mom can come illegal to  los angeles at the age of 17 and my grandmother  said after that life was really good for her
the income was better and they brought the rest of their kids each year in 1988 my aunt
and 1990 my other aunt and in 1991 was when she brought my 2 uncles and she said the reason she brought them was for a better education and in 1992 my grandfather with all his hard work and their savings they bought their first house and my grandmother told me that yes after buying the house and having all and plus the addition of a new baby born in 1992 my other aunt my grandmother said  that they felt that they were struggling again but having their family with them made her feel comfortable and not such a struggle she just said i don't care if i struggle all life because who said life was easy .