Teenage Deppression | Teen Ink

Teenage Deppression

By Saunders2016 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
Saunders2016 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

At the age of 12 I went to a school named Pontiac Middle School. There was something about this school that changed my life. The outside of this school will make you feel overwhelmed because of the boldness and the paleness; it sort of making you feel uncomfortable looking at it. When I walked inside all I do is to fit in with the kids, inside of my head I thought ”maybe I would not enjoy the school because of the fact I don't like being harassed by their securities and when they check you”  but I just want to fit in this so called crowd because they are in my ethnic group. Without a father people looked at me as a wimp or  scrawny. They teased me repeatedly until turned  pale. Soon after I made some friends my grades started to drop. I became a trouble maker and dying to get into a physical altercation and of course i got into one and like I said all I wanted to do is to fit in. With the dark hallways and the school as if it was looking desperate my mind gave everything to this school a bad reputation. Today I flinch at the school everytime I look at the school. By the time I started high school I thought I should start over what I did in middle school. When I started the first day I was quiet; I wanted people to come to me, but also that failed as well. I was still failing classes and I became very depressed I lost it all even my self. I became paranoid about the future with 80% thinking I would never make it to college. I started the first year of high school with an 1.6 and that made me feel furious, so I planned to get straight A’s  thinking maybe that will make me less desperate. So It took me 90 days of hard work and I received a 3.6 I never thought I could get so far and that made me feel enthusiastic. I will get this sense of euphoria and it makes me feel dominant. I told my mom how i am doing in school I said to her ”mom  can you sign my report card” she looks and her face gloomed with success and she said “wow I am very proud of you I had always had faith on you”. Now I feel like a boss and I will never quit of what i'm doing learning the lesson that school is more important than being popular. Who I am today made me very paranoid, a lot of risk taking, and made me more confident with less emotional fears. But I see the world as never trusting your surroundings, But now I started to see that talking to people cant be that bad.