World Hunger | Teen Ink

World Hunger

By Sam Thompson BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota
Sam Thompson BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota

World hunger is a severe problem that our world faces today. The World Food Programme says that one ninth of people on earth do not have enough food to lead a healthy life, and that poor nutrition causes 45% of deaths in children fewer than five years of age. Many people are oblivious or too ignorant to help their starving brothers and sisters of the world. You don’t need millions of dollars to stop world hunger; all you need to do is contribute a little bit at a time. A can of food could save somebody’s life. Many people turn blind eyes to these problems because they don’t want to face the reality of it. World hunger is something you cannot ignore, but is a problem that we all need to contribute to erase. As Victor Webster once said “Everything we do, even the slightest thing we do, can have a ripple effect and repercussions that emanate. If you throw a pebble into the water on one side of the ocean, it can create a tidal wave on the other side.” Even a small contribution can make a huge difference. So get up, and make a difference in the world! Even if it’s small, YOU can change the world.