the day that changed my life | Teen Ink

the day that changed my life

By Phuong BRONZE, Vienna, Virginia
Phuong BRONZE, Vienna, Virginia

Never give up

It is said that anything can come unexpectedly and leave behind sentimental expressions. As for me, that was the day that change my entire life. I am very hard-working, organized and obssessed with studying, so to speak. I study so hard that I do not know what is my goal for the future. At school and at home, I focus, work hard, study hard so that I can get excellent grades. Even my friends cannot understand what happens to me that makes so into studying that I need noting else.However, what I do not realize was that I need to go out and perceive the world around me; learn something new,pratical other than lessons inside school; be sociable with others. That is what matters in life. I must gratefully thank to my teacher who points out the precious thing substantial in life that will save me from ignorance in the near future. That very special day, my English teacher told me about the time she was just like me now. Obsession with studying and neglect about the many wonderful things around her, she ended up disoriented; too much knowledge she knew confused her about her revolution. She told me because she didn't want me to become like her. I am incredibly grateful now that she has showed me such invaluable lesson.

My English teacher from second grade inspired me to write this article. The most important thing is that through this piece, I want all readers to understand what the crucial thing in life is. Take some time a day pondering about your day, relaxing your mind and ask yourself:' Is it worth it?'