Moments of Life | Teen Ink

Moments of Life

January 19, 2016
By laurens843 BRONZE, Ravenna, Ohio
laurens843 BRONZE, Ravenna, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

  When I was eight years old, I lost my friend’s mother to breast cancer. When I was ten years old, I lost my great grandfather to old age. When I was twelve years old, I lost a neighbor who was like a grandmother to me to suicide. When I was fourteen years old, I lost my other great grandfather to old age also. When I was fourteen years old, I lost my aunt to a stroke. When I was fifteen years old, I lost my best friend’s mother to an unidentifiable type of cancer. Currently at the age of seventeen years old, I am about to lose my uncle to ALS. At seventeen I know so many people who have lost family members, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, and co-workers to several different causes of death. But every single one of these deaths have taught me just how precious life really is and how to live your life while you can. My mother once told me “Life is never guaranteed and can be taken away at any moment.” As I grow older I realize just what she meant by this and how accurate it actually is. Life is so short and is given to you to create a story. You're supposed to make the most of it while you're here. While you have the chance to do so. Everybody dies but not everybody lives. You were put here on this planet to make the most of it. To love and create memories and moments. We create memories and bonds with people but we never know when they will be taken from us. Or when you'll be taken away from them. Sometimes life is tough and you might not want to carry on, but you’ll survive it. You’ll move forward and continue to live moment by moment. You won’t know what is going to happen next, but isn’t that just another part of life? Never knowing what to expect or when to expect it? It keeps you on your toes, living in the moment and creating the memories as you go with the ones you love. Some memories will be good, some bad, some will be forgotten, the best ones will be remembered, but in the end all those memories will be what created your life. The memories and moments you make while you are living on earth, will you keep you living long after you’ve passed.