Do You Really Want To Be Alone? | Teen Ink

Do You Really Want To Be Alone?

By Sathvik BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
Sathvik BRONZE, Olympia, Washington

The answer to the question, "are you alone" is a question that can be answered by the actions of your daily life. Decisions that people come across in life are who to associate with and whom to become friends with. The way you answer these question is the answer to that big question.

An experience of my own involved me in the fourth grade. I was always the "odd man out", I wasn't a cool kid nor was I part of the fun imaginative group, I know I am being stereotypical. I was just the lonely kid who made asinine attempts to be part of the cool kids. At that moment, the famous saying pop into my head, "don't try to act like someone else to impress somebody". I then befriend one person who is popular, but acknowledges education and is an honor student in the class. I became great friends with him and I soon get to know his other companions. I am aware to not be like "best friends" with them, but make sure I have a nebulous connection with them. From then, whenever I pass them I can socialize or talk to them easily. Then on, even now in middle school, I am friends with the cool kids but don't hang out with them regularly. They ask me for help, I can get advice from them and this all happens naturally now. Whenever I need to be experienced advice from someone I can use my acquaintance with them to gain knowledge.

Propestrous of all is people ask themselves if I should even talk to people or should I sit calmly and be reserved. Well, the most sagacious decision to take is to keep a social relationship with many people.

This is a common misconception that parents imbibe into their children's mind, and the child follows it, but might not have the discrimination power of when to tell the truth and when not to.  Sometimes the meaning of social can be taken into social media, but a social life means that you need to meet new people and people that enlighten your life. If you socialized with the wrong people, then your mindset and thinking style will become neglected and disparaged. A man who sits in an alcove and expresses a face of "phlegmatism+" and lassitude will wish he experienced a life in where he had different resources that helped him lead a burgeoning life. Leading a social life is very influential and powerful that it has even affected the current ethics of our nation! Abraham Lincoln chose to be gregarious during his presidency and it helped him take decisions involving the enforcement of slavery. Even though you aren't part of the aristocracy, you can still be social and become empowered in your own community.

Abraham lincoln was one of the most influential presidents to ever set foot in the office as president of the United States of America. Lincoln received advice from his rivals in the presidency and made them cooperate, they then gave him invaluable advice about their conflicting laws and political administrations. Through their contribution, Lincoln was able to make affirmative decisions about the structure of his government. He leveraged the ideas and input from his party members and was, therefore, more equipped and more furnished to take an indispensable decision that would affect the country. His connection with his rivals had helped him raise the country to a different standard and they were resourceful to him in a way that let them give input on changing the status of the country. Lincoln took the extra step in knowing his rivals and previous political mates, that he good use them and get a better knowledge of what people around Lincoln are thinking about of nation. Although Lincoln lived a childhood of destitute and had to study under a street light, he was able to make the wise decision of conversing with everyone he knew that had a proficiency in his topic, and be able to take a righteous decision. Once Lincoln had gotten input/information from his peers, it made it easier for him to take a future decision based on slavery, equal rights, and racism. You have to be influenced right now by reading the fact that a past president had been social and was able to shape the country in a completely different form than expected. Just imagine, if you were the president and you were asked to make a decision on banning homework, 75% of people reading this would give a straight up answer of "YES!". By remaining social, popular, or widespread in your community, you can use experiences from people and use them to make a wise decision. 50% of the people who said "YES!" would change their decision to a "NO!" or "We need to lower homework amounts". 

Renowned scientist, rebellious child, yet most inspiring physicist and role model for a plurality of the world, Albert Einstein. Einstein had lived a very mutinous childhood and would always disobey the teachers at his school and at one point was expelled from his secondary studies and Bavarian Academy of Science. Einstein had said that the teachers and school government are like an allegory for the military and way too strict. He called his teachers lieutenants and his school barracks. He thought that these schools had confined them from his free thinking and interacting with others. The actions of Einstein caused him to move to Germany and was in Zurich for university education. There he was social and being himself and during the same time period, he generated his E=MC2 theory. So, even the genius scientist was social during his childhood and wanted to live a life like that, and was so prosperous that he revolutionized the world of science. Albert Einstein's zeal to be socially interactive had only one intention, that was to get to know his peers and he didn't want to encumber the friendly environment around him.

The million dollar question, "Are you alone?" or to be more specific "Do you want to be alone?". Think about your community and how many facilities you have, not being in touch with any of them, would make you lose major changes. Be wise and begin to create new connections within your area and learn at a young age how it can affect you in the long run.