Grinch | Teen Ink

Grinch

March 2, 2016
By Ikeman44 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Ikeman44 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Many moons ago, I went to my grammy’s house for Christmas. After the Christmas eve church service, my family came home for a bowl of her famous wild rice soup and a movie. After I got my bowl, I went downstairs to try and find a good movie. I found “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. I watch it so many times, that my mom came down to the basement and made me turn it off. That is when I realized that “The Grinch” is my favorite movie of all time. “The Grinch”  is my favorite is because it has a great storyline, it has one of my favorite actors Jim Carrey, and it is all about Christmas, the best holiday.

I hate stories that have a predictable plot or anyone can tell what is going to happen in every second of the movie. “The Grinch” mixes things up because no one can tell what he will do next. In one of the early scenes in the movie, the Grinch actually saves someone from a package sorter. Nobody could see that coming because everyone thinks that the Grinch is  a selfish, mean, green monster.There is also very good conflict throughout the whole movie. He is always fighting himself and his personal beliefs or someone who is picking on him because of  how different and funny he is. This amazing storyline is run by one of my favorite actors Jim Carrey.
He is just an all around good actor because of his range of parts. Jim can play as a nice helpful person in one movie and the next film he can be the evil villain. One of the best movies to watch is “Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.” That is that best Jim Carrey movie to show all of his voices ranges and shows how hilarious he is. The way he talks and acts in pretty much any movie is hysterical even if he is the bad guy. Jim Carrey is probable my favorite of all time. Like I said before he can play any part in any movie. Another one of the greatest things of all time is the holiday Christmas.


Christmas is the best of all the holidays no questions asked. Not only do I get presents but there is snow on the ground. I love snow because it is use for a lot of things. Some things to do are: sledding and skiing, making snowballs and snowmen. In the movie “The Grinch” they live on a snowflake so they have snow year round. Another reason I love Christmas is because I think being with my relatives is the most fun ever. We play cousin hockey out back on the rink, play NHL on XBox, and hang out and talk about all sports. It is a blast. In the movie, the Grinch figures out what I already knew. Being with your family and friends is all that matters.
I watch this movie when I am sick, bored, and it is my tradition to watch it even when I am  carving pumpkins for Halloween. It is my go to movie because of the great storyline that is unpredictable, the actor Jim Carrey, that is about Christmas by far the best holiday. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is definitely  my favorite movie. Looking back on that night on Christmas eve at my grammy’s house with my warm bowl of wild rice soup, I’m glad I lost sleep because of the movie “The Grinch.”