Forgive Me | Teen Ink

Forgive Me

May 21, 2017
By yasmeentepa PLATINUM, Oran, Other
yasmeentepa PLATINUM, Oran, Other
26 articles 0 photos 5 comments

I’ve never been good with words, not spoken anyway, and that’s why I rather write down my feelings than saying it them to you because obviously I will do it wrong. To you, readers, this letter is meant to a person really dear to my heart but really far from me right now. I could have sent this directly to her but I prefer to post it here as a testimony of my friendship, no not my friendship but my sisterhood.


We have experienced almost everything together, we cried, we laughed, fought each other, fought the others, we fell in love (unfortunately), we backbited on people we hate, supported those we love, had uncounted and unlimited lunches and coffees, and wasted huge amounts of money on polish nails and chocolate. But most of all we loved, cherished, and supported each other.


I have flaws, tones of them; I tried as hard as I could to get over them unsuccessfully. It cost me the love of my life (yeah I will probably write down a letter to the ex love of my life as well so you could keep up with me “you= readers who are completely lost and wondering if I am crazy”).


I can’t make up for what I’ve done, I can’t run back time and even if I could it wouldn’t have been much different because I am who I am. I can’t be more sensitive or less rude. I can’t control my thoughts or my actions. I get over your mistakes because I know I owe that to you and I hope you would do same for me because I can’t promise you to be a better person but I can give you reasons to accept me even if I’m not.


The author's comments:

I had a huge fight with my best friend and the only way to make it up to her was for me to testify for my friendship to her in front of all hoping she would forgive me....