A Moment in the Spotlight | Teen Ink

A Moment in the Spotlight

By Jynxx BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan
Jynxx BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan

The flashing of purple and pink lights is as intoxicating as the drinks in everyone else’s hands. And as I look up and see my idol and inspiration beckoning for me to join her on stage, how can I refuse? I rush up on stage practically about to cry from happiness. And strangely at that moment, I did not feel nervous, I felt exhilarated. The stage in itself was enough to fill my wildest dreams and set my soul on fire.

I will never forget the strange feeling of looking down on a crowd of strangers, singing my heart out and not feeling scared or anxious. See growing up in a household that encouraged music was always a way for me to express myself, and yet I was still incredibly scared of what others might think. But that moment in time, on that stage, made me overcome my fear. I was singing and dancing and I didn’t care what others thought because I was having fun. That moment is one that I can never take back, and it was one of my happiest memories. Words truly can’t describe that breathtaking experience.