My Fourth Birthday | Teen Ink

My Fourth Birthday

March 7, 2018
By theblake SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
theblake SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The day was June 24, 2006, it was my fourth birthday. I was really excited because my birthday was on a Saturday, which meant that my dad would not have to go to work on my birthday.  I woke up in the morning as happy as a king.  My dad was making bacon and eggs, which just happens to be my favorite breakfast food. My mom was happy to see me.


“Good morning, sleepy head!” she exclaimed.
“Good morning, Mom,” I said.


We sat at the table and ate the bacon and eggs my dad had made. Usually, when we are done eating, I have to clean off the table, but because it was my birthday, I did not have to. The rest of the morning, we were outside having all kinds of fun.


For lunch we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. While we were there, I ate the same food I always ate at that time: mini corn dogs. We were done eating and ready to leave.
 

My mom said, “Do you want to open your presents when we get home?”
I was so happy when she said that that I jumped in the air and yelled, “YEA!”


I was very excited the entire ride home. I was trying to think of what I was going to receive. I could not think of anything. I had realized that I never told my parents what I wanted for my birthday. I started to get worried that I was not going to get something that I liked. We pulled into the driveway, and my parents started to walk to the barn. I was very confused, If I were going to open my presents then why would my parents be going to the barn?


I thought, “Maybe my presents were in the barn.”
Then I realized, “That does not make any sense. Why would my presents be in the barn?” I started to get a little angry.
“Why are you going to the barn?” I yelled.


They did not answer. I ran over to them, and that is when I saw my present. It was a blue go cart with a big red number four on the side. The four was for how old I was. I was as happy as a dog with two tails!


“Whoa,” I exclaimed.


I did not know what else to say. I was in shock. I never would have guessed I was going to get a go cart for my fourth birthday.


“Do you like it?” said my dad.
  “Yes,” I said.


I had received the greatest gift ever. I was so happy. I knew I would never get a gift that amazing ever again.