What My Dad Really Needs to Hear | Teen Ink

What My Dad Really Needs to Hear

May 16, 2018
By Anonymous

Fifteen Years later and I’m still your little girl. The world has changed and life is slowly bringing me down. You don’t understand what it is like to be me; not like you try to understand what happens in my life either. So here is a few things I think you need to hear.

As a teenager, everything is different in my life. The state of not being a child but not being an adult either. With the life of a teenager comes stress, insecurities, and self doubt; all i want is for my dad to actually care about what happens in my life.

Being and feeling alone is not something anybody wants. That is like saying you care about someone, but you won’t listen to a word they say.

Listening to someone and caring about someone give off two different meanings. When you listen to someone, you understand what they are telling you, but you have the option of really taking it in and get what they are saying. You don’t exactly have to “care” when you listen to someone.


The author's comments:

I feel like parents (mom or dad) need to realize that teens have it hard to. They are still learning just like everyone else, and throwing everything on them at once can really stress them out. Listen to your children, it could really help them in the long run.