A New Winter Sport | Teen Ink

A New Winter Sport

January 21, 2019
By gavun BRONZE, Barrington, New Hampshire
gavun BRONZE, Barrington, New Hampshire
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My winter sport would be dangerous. People would have to stand on a sled going down an icy hill while having snowballs thrown at them. The person to make it the farthest down the hill would win. Once the game got down to the top two, obstacles like ramps, bumbs, and extra icey bits would be incorporated. If both people made it down the hill, the winner would be be chosen based on style points like most air (height), most risky, or fastest speed down the hill. If you fall back into the sled, put your foot down, or fall out of the sled you lose. If you are throwing the snowballs and you hit someone in the face you get disqualified and the person you hit gets to go again. Lastly if you throw an ice ball you get banned. The sport would be called Extreme Sled Slalom. A typical game of Extreme Sled Slalom would start with the sledder standing in a sled of their choice rolling down an icy hill. Then throwers standing twenty feet apart from each other would start pelting snowballs at the sledder. As you know the person to make it the farthest would win and the winners would go into the finals were more challenging obstacles would be added in.


The author's comments:

this was an assignmest for l.a