Track | Teen Ink

Track

By kinca24 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
kinca24 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

It was warm that day, but as I was waiting to run in the 200 meter dash at my first track meet it starts to get colder and colder and colder so I start to move around more to keep warm.

Then I hear boys 200 meter dash first call, so I race to get on the track. Then I hear if you are wearing any clothing other than your track uniform take it off.

Then we are lining up a start so then I get more and more nervous as I’m stretching then I hear  ready I get in position to take off, 

set I’m leaning on the foot in front of me,   

BANG!

I take off, 

I’m Running down the line my heart racing

as my legs are lunging, 

my arms pumping, 

The wind blowing in my face,

breathing heavily as the finish gets closer and closer and closer.

I start to hear screaming coming from the crowd lets go king! Come on Caleb! Run Caleb ! From my coach, from my friends, from some of the teachers. The line came closer and closer as it gets harder to breath my feet passes the line I slow to a stop.   

I ask the people at the finish what place I came in as I’m heavily breathing they said “you came in  5th place,” for my first race. I was so happy it wasn’t 1st, or 2nd, it was 5th.

Then the next race I’m at start looking around me and I see 3 other people, I realized 4 people forfeited, It was less competition.

Ready 

My heart racing

Set 

All I can hear is the thud from my heart

All of a sudden 

BANG!

Running down the track, 

with my feet stomping, 

my chest up, 

my back straight.

I said to my self pay attention to the finish and stay in your lane don’t worry about everyone else I start to get closer, and closer, and closer to the end and the screaming gets louder and louder as my feet stomp on  black tar.

The white line that represents the finish was 50 meters away focussed on the line I can hear the stomping of my feet on the tar like a rhythm getting closer and closer to the finish I pass the line then I slow to a stop I asked what place I got 4th place.

I like to run in track so this is my first and secound track race.