the story of lamelo ball | Teen Ink

the story of lamelo ball

May 10, 2023
By andrew_10 BRONZE, Sacermento, California
andrew_10 BRONZE, Sacermento, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Lamelo Ball is an NBA player that plays for the Charlotte Hornets. Lamelo Ball is 6’7 and weighs 181 pounds. Lamelo Ball has two brothers that also play basketball. His brothers' names are Alonzo Ball and Liangelo Ball. 

They grew up in a modern house, his brothers are in their last year of college ball. Lamelo Ball is in his 3rd year of high school. He had 81.47% in the key at the high school level and 90.2% at the 3-point line. Lamelo Ball was a phenomenal player in his high school days. When he played high school basketball he attended and played at Chino Hills High School. When Lamelo Ball was in high school he was 2nd in the nation and 1st in the state.

Everyone said he would be the next Kobe Bryant or Kyrie Irving, but something always made him stand out from all of the pros. He played in a particular style that reminded me an awful lot of me. He plays with aggression, confidence, and even cockyness. In interviews, he always says he is the best basketball player in the state. And he is right about how the numbers are looking.

Fast forward a few years later. Lamelo Ball has so many offers from all these great colleges, he decides not to attend college. He then proceeds to say that he is going to play overseas. His first team was in Lithuania, but after a season he decided to play for Australia. Fast Forward to 2020. it's the 2020 NBA draft and Lamelo Ball is in the draft class. He has been elected as the third pick in the second-round draft class of the Charlotte Hornets selected Lamelo Ball.

Lamelo had a phenomenal year that year, And he got Rookie of the Year. He averaged  15.7 points, 6.1 assists, and 5.9 rebounds in 51 games of his rookie season. In his second season with the Charlotte Hornets, he averaged 23.5 points, 8.2 assists, 5.2 rebounds in 22 games of his 2nd year in the NBA, In his 3rd year of the NBA, Lamelo Ball has averaged 19.4 points, 8.6 rebounds, 7.3 assists per game.

 In his 3rd year, his brother Liangelo Ball will join him in the Charlotte Hornets while his other brother will not be joining him, And he will be playing for the Chicago Bulls. These brothers have come a long way, But the brother that stood out the most was always Lamelo Ball. 

I hope that these brothers will enjoy their careers and make a big thing from it. This was the story of not just Lamelo Ball but all of the hard-working brothers who also made something of themselves and their families. And I also want to give props to the man, the myth, and the legend: Lamelo Ball.


The author's comments:

I personally idolize Lamelo Ball and the sport of basketball itself. Lamelo Ball is a really interesting person to write and read about. It was not hard to write about all these facts where you can find all these facts online r on youtube videos. this is my story on Lamelo Ball and hope you enjoy it.