Flag Football | Teen Ink

Flag Football

Have you ever wanted to do something, but it wasn’t what you expected? Well I have. I thought my football team was amazing but it turns out the opposite. Joining flag football was perfect because I didn’t have anything to do outside of school.

At first, when I joined flag football I enjoyed playing it. I went to every practice because I wanted to get better. The coaches were really nice and helpful. I also went to practice on time because I didn’t want to run two laps. I also went to practice, because I wanted to meet new friends and also hangout and have fun. From all the practices that I went to I worked very hard on everything. I was on the defense side, and I was the middle line backer. Playing on the defense side is fun because I got to pull flags from the offense team.

After a couple weeks of practice the coaches got strict. He wanted us teammates to do everything perfect. For example they told us to catch the football and if we couldn’t catch the ball then we had to do 5-10 push ups. I didn’t like how the coaches were kind of strict, so I slacked off and goofed around. We all got yelled at by the team captain so we tried to do our best. When I was injured the coaches and the team captain thought I was lying to them so I still had to practice with the team when I couldn’t even run.

Finally, I almost quit the team because of the coaches and the team captain. Although we didn’t have that much practices because we had school work to do too. When the team was created, they wanted no one to know that our, team was created but word spread. Some of our teammates didn’t like other teams so they started talking about them, and they had some conflict. Our official coach doesn’t teach us, he just watched us play and stayed in his car and text. The other coach teaches us everything because we don’t have that much people on our team.

As you can see, I thought playing flag football was a good idea at first, now I don’t feel like playing. Even though I didn’t like the official coach teaching us football, I still went to practice because practices were mostly on the weekends and I wanted to have fun because I don’t want to stay home all the time and do nothing. As a result of my choice, I got sore and tired because I kept playing football even if my legs were sore.

masi said...
I love this essay its the exact same feeling i have when i started joining flag football team...and i have the position of nose guard and its really easy...thumps up'''''

masi said...

ochoblinko said...
SUCK IT UP!! play a real sport!

ballasauce said...
Ferst of oll, i just wanted to saey dat you are a champion, we all champions axually! TheAT pain dat you fell in youree legds is lactic acid builup boiii, so don ttt worry it happens to us allzzz....welll keep on beastin it boii maybe ill see you in da major leagues playin on saturdays ;->>>

omg123 said...
Thats ridiculous! Your coach should be punished for making you do 5-10 pushups! Thats like torture. But hey man, I give you props for succeeding in them.

PS. I hope your injury gets better.

i hates it when my legs are sore! :( :( :( :( lolz

killer45 said...
hey buddy, hang in there...i went through the same thing...just keep your head up

freddy123 said...
OMG!! my flag football team was the same!! i hate it, i get picked on, im very unathletic and dont have the skills to play the intense sport of flag football i also struggled with the push ups i quit after 2 weeks

fresh813 said...
look never give up is the first thing i wont to say sometime you have to do thing to make yourself betta but like you said you stared slicking off then got hurt i would have thought the same thing when you dont wont to do something it shows in what you do and how you are parfroming at the start when you wonted to play you my have be all over the field make so many flag pulls  butthen  when your mind change to that you dont like it i bet you was not makeing as many you should sit the team down n tell them how you feel remaber football is a family sport you got to let the know when somethings wrong