Sprints | Teen Ink

Sprints

February 28, 2011
By l.iney DIAMOND, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
l.iney DIAMOND, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
64 articles 0 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
100% of shots not taken won't go in. -Wayne Gretzky


The wind rushed through my hair as all of us went through the pain as we tried to take one more stride to the end. But then those dreaded words came again “One more time girls lets see you really work and then you will be done” but we knew it wasn’t true. Because could it ever truly be over, all through life we would have to sprint to catch up with life when it seems we have been left behind. For now though we would skate and skate and skate until that clock finally switches and we are freed from the gasping for air and the pain in our legs. We would go through drills and skills we would shoot and skate and stop but then of course we would start again. This was what practice was all about, and as much as we all complain I wonder what we would do with our mornings before school if we didn’t have 5:30 practices. Then again there is one logical thing we could do called sleeping. This is our experience though this is all part of our fight to win each game. And as we drink water and squirt our faces trying to stay alert and alive we have a few laughs too. Then it starts up again we groan we moan but in the end we leave saying see you next time as we race out the doors and throw our bags in the car.