Something I Love | Teen Ink

Something I Love

By LordBelcho BRONZE, Holgate, Ohio
LordBelcho BRONZE, Holgate, Ohio

"You can't do bike tricks no good." - Aaron Hostettler a.k.a. Ferris Bueller

One of the biggest things that I love is wrestling.   Wrestling means a lot to me.  The competitive edge, feel of the mats, and pride and joy I receive from doing the sport bring me great pleasure.  Wrestling takes a lot of dedication, blood, sweat, and even tears.  There isn’t anything that can be compared to the way it feels to win a match.  Having the crowd cheer for you, getting points, and kicking the snot out of opponents make the sport loveable.  Not every one can do it, however, it takes a very special person to want to work hard every day the way a wrestler does.  The long days get exhausting, but it’s what I love to do.  The reason I do it is for me, not for anybody else.  Staying focused is one of the hardest things to do during wrestling season.  It takes a lot to stay focused during school and practice, and even afterwards.   Cutting weight is one of the worst parts about wrestling, but it is all in the name of doing what I love.  I really hope to make it far one of these years.  Wrestling wasn’t my first choice as a sport and I thought I would hate it, but I turned out to love it.  I try my best at it, and at the end of the day,  I am proud of myself for doing what it takes.  It takes so much just to pull yourself together during practice, especially when you’re wearing a long sleeve t-shirt, a regular t-shirt, and a sweatshirt.  Did I mention it takes a lot of sweat?  Sweating is one of the main words associated with wrestling.  However, I associate wrestling with pain, dedication, fun, and love.