Don't Long Board Down Huge Hills | Teen Ink

Don't Long Board Down Huge Hills

Longboards are very popular nowadays.When you learn how to ride a longboard you will feel free. Once a girl learned how to ride a  longboard, so she thought she can do any cool moves or/and  going down huge and dangerous hills without any protection. Almost everyday she went out with her little sister longboarding.everywhere she was riding she was like a pro, walking back and forth on the board and making  herself  the spotlight also showing off in front of her little sister. Sometimes showing off can have a big minus because what if you mess up and get badly hurt. Longboarders should not avoid wearing protection when riding even if u think ur a pro. Also do not go down hills you've never been on and just because other people do it doesn't mean you have to. I would rather you cruise on sidewalks or trails.

This all happened February 2015, My birthday was coming up and the only thing I had in mind was a longboard, so when my parents asked me “ What do you want for your birthday?” I replied with “Longboard.” So they went and bought me one. Longboards are very expensive the best ones are over $600.00-$700.00 so I didn't think they would get me one. After school I came home and saw a big and long box on my bed right away I knew what it was! Before I opened it I thanked my parents hundreds of times. Than finally opened it, it was all Ive ever wanted!
As days pass and summer begins to start I ask my brother Sam “ can you teach me to ride on a longboard?” He says “Yes” and takes me to columbia trails. As a beginner I didn't wear protection so my brother was right next to me the whole time making sure I didn't fall or get hurt. As I got better at riding my brother tells me a few things I didn't know such as if you bend down while riding you go faster and if you lean back you start slowing down. That day I felt free but also sweaty at the same time because we were longboarding for hours. I finally learned to ride a board and I felt proud of myself for reaching my goal.

Summer started that means longboarding season! Since my brother works now I decided to teach my little sister Izabella. There were no sidewalks next to my house so we would have to walk to chevron and carry our longboards in our hands, as soon as we got there I told her everything she needs to know like how to stand,switch leg to push with and how to stop. When we were riding she fell down a few times but right away got up like nothing happened and continued. That day she was like a biker making a 360 in the air she was amazing!

One day my friend texted me and asked me to come over and hangout, my mom was gonna drive me, but instead I asked if I can longboard with Izabella she said “Yes”, so we got our boards and set off to my friends house. As we were coming we took the Padden Parkway trail and I didn't know there was a enormous hill going down so I thought I was capable of going down without falling but  my sister was scared of standing and going down so she sat down on the board and went down like that. I was the first one to go and as I was going down I felt the board kinda wiggling so I kept my balance, I was going over 20 miles per hour and at the end was a bump so i couldn't really stop either way, so I thought I was gonna make it as I reached the bump I flew into the air, flipped and slid on the pavement, laying there my sister rode passed me really fast but jumped off to come and help me. My stomach was all in blood, I didn't know what to do but I knew we were close to my friends house so we walked over and her mom fixed me up and I told them not to tell my parents anything so they won't freak out, but later they still found out.

That day I learned that if you haven't practiced on doing something risky don't do it because you might end up hurting yourself or getting into trouble. I also got a really good scare after that and now everyday I look at my scare and remember that painful moment.